·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is new or not:

http://robertsteely.townhall.com/g/854d ... backs=true

"Virginia State Police: Cho's Mags "standard issue"
Saturday, April 28, 2007 10:16 AM

It seems Cho's mags may not have been the "deadly, outlawed, high capacity magazines" the MSM and leftists loonies have been screaming about.

Of course, the cops do say they won't state the actuall capacity of the mags, but they are "standard issue."

I'm not sure what the standard capacity is for the mags of his Walther (it being a .22 cal), but I'm pretty familiar with 9MM mags. Standard issue probably means 15 rounds, but could just as easily mean 10. I own a Mountain Eagle .22 cal and it's standard issue mags were 15 rounders, but the walther has a smaller mag well than my Eagle, so I can't even speculate.

Posted from Jawa Via Confederate Yankee:

Virginia State Police Public Relations Manager Corinne Geller confirms via email that [the Perverted Turd] only used standard capacity magazines in a rampage last Monday at Virginia Tech that left more than 50 Virginia Tech students and faculty dead or injured.
"We are not identifying the capacity of the magazines or number of magazines purchased prior or in [Turd's] possession at the time of the shootings. I can tell you that the magazines were standard issue."
."

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well if standard issue means what I think, a G17 has a 17 round mag right? So it still doesn't bode well for our side because that is a hi-cap mag under the condition that it is over the magic Brady number of 10.

·
68,974 Posts
jgullock said:
"We are not identifying the capacity of the magazines or number of magazines purchased . . . "
Why? Because it will make you look stupid?

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Doc Holliday said:
Well if standard issue means what I think, a G17 has a 17 round mag right? So it still doesn't bode well for our side because that is a hi-cap mag under the condition that it is over the magic Brady number of 10.
I thought cho used a 19?

·
Registered
633 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
Doc Holliday said:
I thought cho used a 19?
Maybe I am wrong then. Even if it was a 19 it still had 15 rounders.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Doc Holliday said:
ptsmith24 said:
[quote="Doc Holliday":1l42ltrj]Well if standard issue means what I think, a G17 has a 17 round mag right? So it still doesn't bode well for our side because that is a hi-cap mag under the condition that it is over the magic Brady number of 10.
I thought cho used a 19?
Maybe I am wrong then. Even if it was a 19 it still had 15 rounders.[/quote:1l42ltrj]

True, they have 33 rounders too. I'm still waiting on glock to release factory 29 rd ones for the g23... i have only been able to find the scherer (spelling?) brand and i haven't heard too many good things about them.

·
Registered
633 Posts
dbaker said:
If they were 10 round magazines I'm going to :flame: Brady's website.
Sounds like an excellent idea my man!

Here, I'll help!:minigun: Brady's website

If it was 10 rounders then Brady will reply that mags shouldn't hold more than seven........so now your choice will be pretty much be a 1911 or a revolver if they get their way.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
The walther P22 standard mag holds 10. Even the one with the extended base so your pinkie doesn't float off into space.

·
Sledgehammer
4,780 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
True, they have 33 rounders too. I'm still waiting on glock to release factory 29 rd ones for the g23... i have only been able to find the scherer (spelling?) brand and i haven't heard too many good things about them.
They probably never will. They have 33-round 9 mm mags because they make a full-auto 9 mm (G 18). They don't make a full-auto .40.

I have a couple Sherer 29 round mags. Work well, no feed problems, nice for the range, not great for CCW. They fit nicely into Kel-Tec .40 Glock carbines, too.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
dbaker said:
If they were 10 round magazines I'm going to :flame: Brady's website.
Ah...do it anyways...it'll make you feel better :D

·
Romans 10:13
4,638 Posts
My 9mil G19 holds a standard 15 round mag. It has been reported on Foxnews that he shot 170 rounds in less than 9 minutes. I also have 33 round mags which are actually 31 round mags with a 2 round extension.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts