concealment for construction work

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by fflintlock, Nov 23, 2016.

1. fflintlock

fflintlock Active Member

Howdy,
    I work construction, I'm a superintendent so I don't do a whole lot of physical labor, most of the time. I normally carry a full size M&P in my truck, with 3 extra mags. I'll soon be on a job in Atlanta, where i want to carry on my person. I have a Shield that I can carry and am real comfortable with. My problem is that it's too large for ankle carry. I've never carried deep concealed before. What's a good way to carry a shield deep concealed ?
    Or, should i seek out another firearm ?
    I'd like to be able to get to my pistol fairly quick.
    Thanks in advance for any and all information.

2. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

3. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Of you are having to carry material then this won't work but I've found appendix carry conceals great especially the Shield.

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

This!

Get a Cloak Tuck 3.0 and be done with it.

5. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

Why? I don't have any issues.

6. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

If I'm carrying lumber I carry it across my side/front of my body. It can be done with gun but the girth puts the load that much farther out there.

7. phaed

phaed Active Member

i recommend a smartcarry holster...

[​IMG]

i don't think some of these guys know what deep concealment means.

8. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Get a vest (not tactical) that will hang over the holster. They are light enough to wear n the summer and add an extra layer in the winter. I always carried lumber balanced on my shoulder.

9. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

I remember seeing some supervising people at a construction site I was working with some Very fancy safety vests. Reflective patches, pen holders, pockets specifically to hold notebooks etc.
    [​IMG]
    Carry IWB or get one with a long enough torso to cover the muzzle and after awhile no one will even question the why or wherefor of you wearing one.

10. jmorriss

jmorriss Active Member

A survey vest like that will help cover up an IWB.

Will you be in a position where you will be wearing a fall protection harness?

11. fflintlock

fflintlock Active Member

I wear a vest like this. I guess I'll try my inside waistband holster. Hell, no one really notices it when I wear that holster any way.

12. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

They actually make them long enough to cover the top half of the pockets on your jeans. You just have to shop for one of the longer ones.

13. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I just don't get warm, fuzzy feelings thinking of my XDM laying on top of my junk! :lol:

14. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

I wear steel toed cowboy work boots and put my M&P Shield .40 in my IWB holster and clip it to the inside of one boot. It feels comfortable, doesn't move too much and does not even print with a pair of jeans.

15. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

This time of the year, I say carry an inside-waistband (IWB) or high-riding belt holster and wear a cover garment. Vest, light jacket, dark sweater, etc.

For summer carry where you can't wear a cover garment without looking ridiculous, how about a tuckable holster?
    The gun's handle/ grip is above your belt line, but covered by your shirt, which tucks down to cover the top half of the holster, just underneath your belt.
    It's not as fast to draw from as a conventional holster, but I find it a lot faster and more secure than an ankle holster.

Attached Files: