Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
GPDO Commonlaw Spouse
Joined
·
5,514 Posts
Woo-hooo, go Wisconsin! It's about time! They could have had it years ago but the governor vetoed the bill passed by their assembly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,679 Posts
about damned time...

Maybe now people will CC and stop getting thrown on the ground for OC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,679 Posts
zxd9 said:
What are the chances we get reciprocity?
Hey now, let's not go overboard... LOL...

(and don't forget, you'd likely be driving through IL to get there anyhow, so...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,771 Posts
.... and then there was one.

I will give a :righton: , but save the :woohoo: for when it is actually signed into law.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,961 Posts
Let's hope they do not restrict the ability to carry openly without a license, which is legal in Wisconsin now, just like the majority of states (but not Georgia).
 

·
Under Scrutiny
Joined
·
19,386 Posts
AV8R said:
Nah, just travel during the warm months and ferry across Lake Michigan.
Or in the cold months just drive across the lake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,491 Posts
mpc said:
Wisconsin isn't even on the Utah, Florida or Pennsylvania reciprocity list.
It is the same reason nobody honors Vermont's permit.
They have to have a permit before anybody else would honor them...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,679 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Let's hope they do not restrict the ability to carry openly without a license, which is legal in Wisconsin now, just like the majority of states (but not Georgia).
Hopefully it brings more awareness and acceptance. I found it disgusting and horrifying that the Milwaukee police chief said on the news that his directive to his officers is to put anyone open carrying a gun on the ground, quite possibly at gun point until identification can be established...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
RecoveringYankee said:
and then there was one.
Sort of. Some of the may-issue states are effectively non-issue. And some may-issue states like Kalifornia and New York only really issue unrestricted carry permits in lightly populated counties.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,721 Posts
There is a big push for Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin. Check out WisconsinCarry,Inc. for details: www.wisconsincarry.org . Various organizations are involved, reportedly WCI, USCCA, WGO, Wisconsin Tea Party Coalition, and the NRA.

Also, there is the thought that a CC permit will require more work in creating new legislation, and may adversely affect open carry (to which MP alluded) at the same time. Constitutional carry would only require a small change in the wording of existing law.

However, my opinion is that if handled correctly, addition of a CC permit (without disturbing the WI Constitutional right of open carry) would open up recognition from other states for WI resident to carry there. Presently, WI residents need to get non-res carry permits, such as Utah, in order to secure legal firearm carry outside of WI.

Overall, I think WI is heading in the right direction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,771 Posts
cpelliott said:
RecoveringYankee said:
and then there was one.
Sort of. Some of the may-issue states are effectively non-issue. And some may-issue states like Kalifornia and New York only really issue unrestricted carry permits in lightly populated counties.
Of course. I realize that. Being from NJ, how could I not? Still, getting legal carry at least on the books in every state will be a HUGE milestone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
999 Posts
A little birdie told me that the NRA is pushing training. UGH!

WI has the best chance for Consitutional Carry because it doesn't have the entrenched interests that guarding their gravy train. When we push Constitutional Carry we will encounter lots of push back from the Judges and Police because we'll be reducing their revenue streams


..... I should point out that licenses are a fee and not a tax. Its important you see the difference. A Tax is money you have to pay to the government and a Fee is money you have to pay to the government. Totaly different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,703 Posts
Mike From Philly 3 said:
A Tax is money you have to pay to the government and a Fee is money you have to pay to the government. Totaly different.
:?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,239 Posts
Mike From Philly 3 said:
..... I should point out that licenses are a fee and not a tax. Its important you see the difference. A Tax is money you have to pay to the government and a Fee is money you have to pay to the government. Totaly different.
Of course the NRA is pushing for training, they make money off the training.

According to the NRA, a tax is money to pay to the government, a fee is money you pay to the NRA.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top