Concealed weapon bill to pass soon in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Xiclotl, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

http://www.personalliberty.com/news/wis ... 800349266/
    =D>

2. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

Woo-hooo, go Wisconsin! It's about time! They could have had it years ago but the governor vetoed the bill passed by their assembly.

3. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

about damned time...

Maybe now people will CC and stop getting thrown on the ground for OC.

4. zxd9

zxd9 Active Member

What are the chances we get reciprocity?

5. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

Hey now, let's not go overboard... LOL...

(and don't forget, you'd likely be driving through IL to get there anyhow, so...)

6. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Depends on whether or not they recognize ours...

7. RecoveringYankee

RecoveringYankee New Member

.... and then there was one.

I will give a :righton: , but save the :woohoo: for when it is actually signed into law.

8. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

Illinois is why God invented airplanes.

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Let's hope they do not restrict the ability to carry openly without a license, which is legal in Wisconsin now, just like the majority of states (but not Georgia).

10. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Nah, just travel during the warm months and ferry across Lake Michigan.

11. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Or in the cold months just drive across the lake.

12. mpc

mpc New Member

Wisconsin isn't even on the Utah, Florida or Pennsylvania reciprocity list.

13. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

It is the same reason nobody honors Vermont's permit.
    They have to have a permit before anybody else would honor them...

14. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

Hopefully it brings more awareness and acceptance. I found it disgusting and horrifying that the Milwaukee police chief said on the news that his directive to his officers is to put anyone open carrying a gun on the ground, quite possibly at gun point until identification can be established...

15. cpelliott

cpelliott New Member

Sort of. Some of the may-issue states are effectively non-issue. And some may-issue states like Kalifornia and New York only really issue unrestricted carry permits in lightly populated counties.

16. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

There is a big push for Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin. Check out WisconsinCarry,Inc. for details: www.wisconsincarry.org . Various organizations are involved, reportedly WCI, USCCA, WGO, Wisconsin Tea Party Coalition, and the NRA.

Also, there is the thought that a CC permit will require more work in creating new legislation, and may adversely affect open carry (to which MP alluded) at the same time. Constitutional carry would only require a small change in the wording of existing law.

However, my opinion is that if handled correctly, addition of a CC permit (without disturbing the WI Constitutional right of open carry) would open up recognition from other states for WI resident to carry there. Presently, WI residents need to get non-res carry permits, such as Utah, in order to secure legal firearm carry outside of WI.

Overall, I think WI is heading in the right direction.

17. RecoveringYankee

RecoveringYankee New Member

Of course. I realize that. Being from NJ, how could I not? Still, getting legal carry at least on the books in every state will be a HUGE milestone.

18. A little birdie told me that the NRA is pushing training. UGH!

WI has the best chance for Consitutional Carry because it doesn't have the entrenched interests that guarding their gravy train. When we push Constitutional Carry we will encounter lots of push back from the Judges and Police because we'll be reducing their revenue streams

..... I should point out that licenses are a fee and not a tax. Its important you see the difference. A Tax is money you have to pay to the government and a Fee is money you have to pay to the government. Totaly different.

19. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

:?

20. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

Of course the NRA is pushing for training, they make money off the training.

According to the NRA, a tax is money to pay to the government, a fee is money you pay to the NRA.