Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
In GCO’s federal lawsuit against MARTA, the parties have stipulated that MARTA is the defendant liable for the Privacy Act violation
Source: http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/categor ... -with-gun/

SB 308 changed the language making the possession of a license an element of the crime, which requires that a LEO must produce PC or RAS that you are/have been/will be up to no good. Of course, they can ask you for it if they want to - you just don't have to consent to showing it to them.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
moga said:
If an armed citizen possesses a weapon's license, to what crime is the GWL an element? I confess that I've always been confused by the concept of "element of the crime."
The crime of carrying a firearm without a license. It used to be an "affirmative defense" in some circumstances (I think that only applied to concealed carry, but that's water under the bridge now) which meant that any LEO could ask for your permit; upon showing it, you prove that you are legally carrying and you may go about your business (at least until you meet the next LEO, then you had to show him, too).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.