Concealed Carry Badge - Yankee Marshal

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Phil1979, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLj9XKRtNsg[/ame]

The Yankee Marshal may have found a good use for them sometimes. Thoughts?

2. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

I think carry "badges" harm the constitutional carry/permitless carry movement.

3. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Certainly!

Badges? We don't need no steenkin badges! :lol:

4. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Given the premise - old Vietnam Vet who carries openly due to physical limitations has 7 police encounters due to citizen calls of an armed man in 90 days, cop suggests badge on belt next to open carry, no police harrassment in 1.5 years following use of badge - I see utility for that citizen. Should this be the way things go? Of course not, but dealing with reality is far more productive (and safer) than living a fantasy.

5. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

That's wild

6. TITAN308

TITAN308 :) :) :)

While I am sure there is anecdotal evidence to the contrary, universally generally this is a terrible idea.

Edit: Had no idea the word would be nitpicked. lmao

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  7. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Universally means under every condition - the situation listed contradicts that it is Universal. Generally true, but certainly not universal.

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It's worked out well for him, so good for him.

9. TITAN308

TITAN308 :) :) :)

And I am sure somewhere at sometime someone was saved when their gun was grabbed and they carried without one in the chamber. My statement stands. /shrug

10. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I think they have more potential benefit in avoiding cops shooting you, the good guy private citizen, when you've drawn your gun in public in response to some violent criminal's actions...

... And responding LEO's see you first when they arrive, and without the badge they'd assume you're the bad guy.

This is especially risky if good roll up after shots have already been fired.

11. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Depending on their view of you, they may not see the badge. And you know what usually happens when an armed civilian - good guy or bad guy - turns toward the police with a gun in hand.

CC badges are the stupidest things ever made. Even in the very, very rare case like mentioned in post #5.

12. Groundhound

Groundhound Active Member

That's why you need the CCW sash - maybe two - one over each shoulder!

13. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

I would also note that the vet was/is living in Washington state where I assume that open carry isn't as well received as it is here in GA.

14. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

The hysterics are in charge there. Less received is a vast understatement in the western part of the state.

15. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

I am concerned that displaying a badge kind of creates a gray area as far as impersonating a law enforcement officer goes?

16. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I conceded for OC'ers that the badge may reduce MWAG calls as people see the badge and gun and conclude the carrier is likely law enforcement (since they can't read the writing on the badge at any distance). That's ok as long as a prosecutor doesn't feel that this treads on impersonating a law enforcement officer.

17. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

That is a good point but I don't know how much of an issue it would cause in these parts. Another concern I would have is with the rash of cops being shot by assclowns for no good reason, it could open the door to being attacked for *simply* looking like you are LE. This is probably not a very relevant concern, but it's something to consider.

Personally, I have found myself concealing more often than not. I can't speak to a specific reason why I am doing this, but just a "gut feeling" that I don't want to be OC'ing.

18. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Well, let us not forget that it was a Georgia judge that ruled openly carrying was sufficiently suspicious to warrant a seizure by police officers.

19. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Quite true. And I imagine that today, you would wear a CC badge *instead* of your magical police socks, eh? :rotfl::runaway: