Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching some good firearm videos on youtube, and this video popped up in the suggested videos beside it.

Has anybody ever seen these videos on the Violence Policy Center Youtube Website?

Its an ABC video saying basically that unless you train every month, under intense pressure, just like Law Enforcement, that it does you no good to carry a weapon. I guess its their way of trying to push for even more restrictions to concealed carry across the country, training.

In this video, they gave highly untrained people a real Glock with paint rounds in a class room, and had a highly experienced firearms instructor comes in and pulls an active shooter in a classroom scenario. Of course, some didn't even clear the pistol out of the holster, it got caught in their shirt. Maybe that's why they should allow open carry everywhere. :D

Anyway, check out the facts from the VPC, with a lot of propaganda mixed in. My favorite is when the officer says that concealed carriers live in a dream world because we think we can do exactly what we do in Video Games and what we see in movies. :roll: I'm not kidding. The officer really says that.

Since having a weapon with you, will do you no good I'm glad to know that ABC and the VPC would rather you be completely unarmed so that you can be shot in the back while you're running away, or stay their cornered to be executed. I'm not saying that we all do not need to train and train often, because we do, but trying to make it seem like having a gun with you, is never going to do you any good is just not true.

Proof that Concealed Carry permit holders live in a dream world, Part One:

Proof that Concealed Carry permit holders live in a dream world, Part Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLN6_s66 ... re=related
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,552 Posts
What nonsense. Highly contrived self defense situation. Worth watching, but not the whole story. What would you do ? I would take cover then figure it out.

A small .38 revolver is probably the most powerful and one of the most simple tools ever invented. People who are low tech, weak, old, infirm, whatever they can work it just fine.

And they don't wear goofy night shirts covering their holster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
944 Posts
How about giving them a real holster instead of that stupid thumb strap thing. Try pulling that on me with my crossbreed holster on, I guarantee I will clear the holster and empty my mag into you.

Secondly, the first thing I would do is drop to the ground behind the desk then draw and return fire. The guy would not know I had a gun until he is being shot by it.
 

·
I'm kind of a big deal
Joined
·
5,243 Posts
175FO said:
How about giving them a real holster instead of that stupid thumb strap thing. Try pulling that on me with my crossbreed holster on, I guarantee I will clear the holster and empty my mag into you.

Secondly, the first thing I would do is drop to the ground behind the desk then draw and return fire. The guy would not know I had a gun until he is being shot by it.
Yup. That about covers it.
 

·
Just a Man
Joined
·
6,056 Posts
That video was run on some investigative reporting show like 60 Minutes or something like that well over a year ago, maybe even more. Losts of people talked about it, and came to the conclusion that it was a complete setup by the people who put it together and reported on it. Main reason was the instructor intentionally handicapped the students with the CC guns, and the shooter knew who was armed in the class room before he started.................so he naturally shot at the students with the CC guns first. :screwy:

If it happens in real life.....................it will not be the same outcome as that video. Gabe Suarez did the same exercise with several of his training classes trying to de-bunk the report, and his outcome was far different. Let's just say...........the bad guy never had a chance of inflicting major casualties.

That video is all :bsflag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
tmoore912 said:
That video was run on some investigative reporting show like 60 Minutes or something like that well over a year ago, maybe even more. Losts of people talked about it, and came to the conclusion that it was a complete setup by the people who put it together and reported on it. Main reason was the instructor intentionally handicapped the students with the CC guns, and the shooter knew who was armed in the class room before he started.................so he naturally shot at the students with the CC guns first. :screwy:

If it happens in real life.....................it will not be the same outcome as that video. Gabe Suarez did the same exercise with several of his training classes trying to de-bunk the report, and his outcome was far different. Let's just say...........the bad guy never had a chance of inflicting major casualties.

That video is all :bsflag:
They give them long shirts (longer than most CC carriers wear), gloves on their hands and vision limiting helmets. They did everything in their power to skew the results of this except glue the gun into the holster. I'd wager that the bad guy also knew exactly where the student with the gun was sitting. In each case, the bad guy went right for the gun toter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
I didn't see the unarmed student fair any better. No one pulled their pepper spray, their karate, nothing.

Lets see...in a mask, bulky gloves, big sweatshirt, unfamiliar retention holster. And some of them still got shots off. better than cowering in a corner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,313 Posts
BSCLibertarian said:
175FO said:
How about giving them a real holster instead of that stupid thumb strap thing. Try pulling that on me with my crossbreed holster on, I guarantee I will clear the holster and empty my mag into you.

Secondly, the first thing I would do is drop to the ground behind the desk then draw and return fire. The guy would not know I had a gun until he is being shot by it.
Yup. That about covers it.
How about making another student the shooter instead of a trained firearms instructor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
AeroShooter said:
BSCLibertarian said:
175FO said:
How about giving them a real holster instead of that stupid thumb strap thing. Try pulling that on me with my crossbreed holster on, I guarantee I will clear the holster and empty my mag into you.

Secondly, the first thing I would do is drop to the ground behind the desk then draw and return fire. The guy would not know I had a gun until he is being shot by it.
Yup. That about covers it.
How about making another student the shooter instead of a trained firearms instructor.
How about the fact that the cop says their skills deteriorate after one month? So, if police don't train every month, should they keep their gun at the station until they get their skills back up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,403 Posts
How about another scenario that's not clearly designed for failure? I could easily design a similar scenario that was just as impossible for the shooter. How about half the class was armed? How about everyone was armed?

Az
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
AzB said:
How about another scenario that's not clearly designed for failure? I could easily design a similar scenario that was just as impossible for the shooter. How about half the class was armed? How about everyone was armed?
How about everyone had a whistle?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
mpc said:
AeroShooter said:
BSCLibertarian said:
175FO said:
How about giving them a real holster instead of that stupid thumb strap thing. Try pulling that on me with my crossbreed holster on, I guarantee I will clear the holster and empty my mag into you.

Secondly, the first thing I would do is drop to the ground behind the desk then draw and return fire. The guy would not know I had a gun until he is being shot by it.
Yup. That about covers it.
How about making another student the shooter instead of a trained firearms instructor.
How about the fact that the cop says their skills deteriorate after one month? So, if police don't train every month, should they keep their gun at the station until they get their skills back up?
GA only requires officers to qualify with their firearms one a year.

just throwing that one out there...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,594 Posts
stevethecat said:
mpc said:
AeroShooter said:
BSCLibertarian said:
175FO said:
How about giving them a real holster instead of that stupid thumb strap thing. Try pulling that on me with my crossbreed holster on, I guarantee I will clear the holster and empty my mag into you.

Secondly, the first thing I would do is drop to the ground behind the desk then draw and return fire. The guy would not know I had a gun until he is being shot by it.
Yup. That about covers it.
How about making another student the shooter instead of a trained firearms instructor.
How about the fact that the cop says their skills deteriorate after one month? So, if police don't train every month, should they keep their gun at the station until they get their skills back up?
GA only requires officers to qualify with their firearms one a year.

just throwing that one out there...
I've never yet met the first retired LEO that has qualified. Go Figure!

I wish there had been a real armed student who had plugged this guy!....Well okay not really. I don't want anybody to die. Just wing him! Can you imagine how much differently this would have fallen out?
 

·
Member Georgia Carry
Joined
·
11,725 Posts
ABC news has their propaganda "experts" telling us to "hide or play dead" or to go for a cell phone. All because, "we can't all be Rambo".

Yeah, they convinced me to be a sheep just like them. Not!

What a bunch of idiots they are.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,673 Posts
tmoore912 said:
That video was run on some investigative reporting show like 60 Minutes or something like that well over a year ago, maybe even more. Losts of people talked about it, and came to the conclusion that it was a complete setup by the people who put it together and reported on it. Main reason was the instructor intentionally handicapped the students with the CC guns, and the shooter knew who was armed in the class room before he started.................so he naturally shot at the students with the CC guns first. :screwy:

If it happens in real life.....................it will not be the same outcome as that video. Gabe Suarez did the same exercise with several of his training classes trying to de-bunk the report, and his outcome was far different. Let's just say...........the bad guy never had a chance of inflicting major casualties.

That video is all :bsflag:
yep old news :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,974 Posts
CountryGun said:
I've never yet met the first retired LEO that has qualified. Go Figure!
I've only met one (1) that I know of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
Well, the situation was obviously stacked against the student. It was an obvious hit piece on CCW holders, no question.

However, what's really funny is that not only is no one buying it (based on the comments), but all the other "related" videos that youtube lists are almost all about armed citizens chasing off or shooting BGs, lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Phil1979 said:
ABC news has their propaganda "experts" telling us to "hide or play dead" or to go for a cell phone. All because, "we can't all be Rambo".

Yeah, they convinced me to be a sheep just like them. Not!

What a bunch of idiots they are.
I agree, Everyone just cant get into the Nation of Cowards thing.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top