Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This AP article caught my eye in the AJC print edition.

This is a compromise??!! Seriously?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2013/11/...clear-talks/NbhOF7URevZlRA2dXhJNpI/story.html
But Iran made it clear that continuing enrichment was a prerequisite for any agreement.

The United States did not accept Iran’s claim that it had a “right to enrich†under the nuclear non-proliferation treaty. But U.S. officials signaled earlier this week that they were open to a compromise in which the two sides would essentially agree to disagree on how the proliferation treaty should be interpreted, while Tehran continued to enrich.
That's a kind of compromise on gun control I could get behind. They can agree to disagree and we'll continue to enrich our collections of guns.

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,479 Posts
Obama desperately needed something to take the media focus off the obamacare fiasco.

This will do that, AND make him look like a peacemaker in the eyes of the liberal media. Think Jimmy Carter and the Egyptian-Israeli peace accords...

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Our weak, bumbling President just lowered his head to Iran and gave Israel the middle finger yet again. He's forced Israel to do what has to be done.....and they will. We're on the cusp of major upheaval in the Middle East. Fill up your fuel tanks now.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Our weak, bumbling President just lowered his head to Iran and gave Israel the middle finger yet again. He's forced Israel to do what has to be done.....and they will. We're on the cusp of major upheaval in the Middle East. Fill up your fuel tanks now.
The big unknown is ..... will or has Obama order the Air Force to shoot down any Israeli fighter/bomber eastbound to Iran? All in the name of the religion of PEACE, of course.

If you like your Jewish state, you can keep your Jewish state (tm).

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
AT BEST, this is meaningless "international security theater", a flurry of activity and photo-ops which accomplishes nothing other than having the "appearance of doing something".

The Obamanites claim it has at least "delayed" Iran's production of working nukes by a few months at most. Hardly the "win" being portrayed even if it were true.

Bulldawg182 said:
Our weak, bumbling President just lowered his head to Iran and gave Israel the middle finger yet again.
[QUOTE=Mike From Philly 3 said:
If you like your Jewish state, you can keep your Jewish state (tm).
Yep.

Mike From Philly 3 said:
The big unknown is ..... will or has Obama order the Air Force to shoot down any Israeli fighter/bomber eastbound to Iran?
If that does or has happened, the blow-back will be incredible on all fronts.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
I agree, this is very typical of our president. Get some good photos, get some good quick press from the lame stream media, and everyone will hail him for mending the two sides, even though that never even occurred.

When Israel has to act in self-defense towards Iran, things are going to get really ugly for all of us.

·
GPDO Commonlaw Spouse
5,514 Posts
I agree, this is very typical of our president. Get some good photos, get some good quick press from the lame stream media, and everyone will hail him for mending the two sides, even thought that never even occurred.

When Israel has to act in self-defense towards Iran, things are going to get really ugly for all of us.
I thought it was pretty odd that he held a public press conference to discuss this at ~10:30pm on a Saturday night no less.

·
68,905 Posts
This AP article caught my eye in the AJC print edition.

This is a compromise??!! Seriously?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2013/11/...clear-talks/NbhOF7URevZlRA2dXhJNpI/story.html

That's a kind of compromise on gun control I could get behind. They can agree to disagree and we'll continue to enrich our collections of guns.
Yes. Their enrichment will not go beyond 3.5% - they had already gone over 20%. They will have to dilute that and can increase their low enrichment stockpile from 7 tons to 8 but must decrease it to 7 again by the end of six months (not sure what the point is of that).

Anyway, they cannot just keep enriching uranium to weapons grade under the agreement reached.

·
:) :) :)
12,566 Posts
I'm cool with Israel doing what they have to. At least then its not US Forces doing the work.

Would be nice for the US to "sit this one out" as far as I am concerned.

Israel lays the smack down with their forces.
Iran is no longer a threat.

Win-win.

We have plenty of oil supplies via Fracking in our own borders. :)

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts

·
68,905 Posts
Assuming the verification comes through as it is supposed to . . .

The real question is what happens in 6 months? This is a temporary agreement that gives time to work out a permanent agreement.

What has to be done to reach a permanent agreement? What will the US have to provide?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
I heard we took all sanctions off of them, correct, and we are paying them billions of dollars for the economic damage our sanctions caused right?

We actually gave money to people who fund terrorism.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The timing is convenient for both sides: The Obama administration needed an offset abroad to the Obamacare disaster, and the Iranians want a breathing space to rebuild their finances and ensure that Assad can salvage the Iranian-Hezbollah-Assad axis. The agreement is a de facto acknowledgement that containing, not ending, Iran’s nuclear program is now U.S. policy.
http://nationalreview.com/corner/364735/peace-our-time-victor-davis-hanson

Well, they say that past results are no predictor of the future. That's a good thing; otherwise, we'd have to pay more attention to the results of meddling in Libya, Egypt, and Syria.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wars in the Middle East over control of oil and indeed the world over are soon to
pale in comparison to wars over the most precious of resources...Water

Our lame duck has no idea on strategy or indeed any real desire to have any. He is determined to ruin this country and undermine it in any way he can.

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
Iran calls Obama a liar.

http://freebeacon.com/iran-white-house-lying-about-details-of-nuke-deal/

The White House released a multi-page fact sheet containing details of the draft agreement shortly after the deal was announced.

However, Iranian foreign ministry official on Tuesday rejected the White House's version of the deal as "invalid" and accused Washington of releasing a factually inaccurate primer that misleads the American public.

·
Banned
685 Posts
I dont trust them any further than the amount of patriotism obama has. Personally I think this is really going to screw us up, but that is why Obama likes it.

I firmly believe he is a closeted muslim.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts