Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Has anyone in Chatham county done a form 1, 3 or 4 in this area since 41F has come to be on the 13th? One of my form 1's was "disapproved" due to an error by me:)banghead:) and i'd like to resubmit asap. I received the rejection e-mail at 1930 on the 12th. Of course the ATF EForm website was down, so no go.

Just curious how you might have handled your LEO notification? Signature required USPS, hand delivered, etc? Also, where you got your photos and finger print cards?

Thanks and let me know if this is in the wrong section. I did a search for 41F a couple of times and nothing came up.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I think if you're just submitting a correction you don't have to start over. It should still be a grandfathered form.

You can email the ATF and they should be able to let you know for sure.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately, no. Issuing refund with instructions that any resubmissions on or after the 13th are subject to 41F guidelines.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Unfortunately, no. Issuing refund with instructions that any resubmissions on or after the 13th are subject to 41F guidelines.
Unfortunately.......................

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Just curious how you might have handled your LEO notification? Signature required USPS, hand delivered, etc?
ATF has provided no guidance whatsoever in this matter. The CLEO notification section just says that you have notified your CLEO and you provide the name and address of same. There is no requirement for any form of proof of notification. Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, yes?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ATF has provided no guidance whatsoever in this matter. The CLEO notification section just says that you have notified your CLEO and you provide the name and address of same. There is no requirement for any form of proof of notification. Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, yes?
Wow, yeah, clear as mud...

Maybe we'll get some clarification eventually.

·
American
3,289 Posts
Wow, yeah, clear as mud...

Maybe we'll get some clarification eventually.
Only after wrongful prosecution has occurred if ATF is true to form.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,938 Posts
Only after wrongful prosecution has occurred if ATF is true to form.
To the best of my knowledge, thus has not occurred with the notification requirement for a C&R license, which had the same notification requirement, and a C&R allows certain firearms to be shipped directly to your home.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
To the best of my knowledge, thus has not occurred with the notification requirement for a C&R license, which had the same notification requirement, and a C&R allows certain firearms to be shipped directly to your home.
This is what Jake from Quiet Riot Firearms (McDonough, GA) told me about my can i ordered from them and being a state resident. Once it's approved they can mail it right to my house.

"To do the direct mail, we send you a 4473 once it is approved, you fill it out and mail it back to us with a copy of your ID and weapons carry permit. We then send a copy to your sheriff and mail the item to you."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts