Complaints about Mayor

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Town Council Chairman James Feehan, R-9, also a gun owner, said he saw the mayor carrying two guns at one time — one handgun was strapped to his ankle, the other at his side under a suit jacket — as he sat behind the council table during a meeting within the past few months.

"As a gun owner myself, I believe the mayor certainly has the right to carry a gun or guns as long as he has a legal permit," said Feehan.

"However, if his guns are making Town Hall employees and citizens uncomfortable, as I have been told, I would ask that he cease and desist immediately," said Feehan. "While I understand the mayor's personal safety concerns, I don't believe he should be carrying guns to Town Hall if they are posing a threat to anyone."

http://www.connpost.com/news/ci_4461129

:roll:

2. Malum Prohibitum

Guberman suggested Miron instead consider hiring security guards or use police officers "to provide security at Town Hall.

"I don't think it would be in the town's best interests for the mayor or anyone else to be getting into a gun fight during a council meeting," she said.

:screwy:

3. Malum Prohibitum

From the Comments page.

It disgusts me to think that any person can walk the streets, drive a car or work in an office with a gun. I dont see many deer, turkey or invading Red Coat Army on Main Street.

What make a person wake in the morning strap on a gun and think "hmmm, I may need to kill someone today" Im not sure this is the person I want representing and leading our town.

I think it's sickening that he has thinks it's okay to carry a gun into town hall. I understand he also wears a bullet proof vest. Does he think he's Wyatt Earp and he's working in the OK Coral?
    I think he's endangering those who work in town hall and he's creating a hostile work environment. What if everyone else decided to bring a concealed weapon to work, hasn't anyone heard about the expression "going postal"? He's an elected official, he needs to start acting like one and think about what's best for the people who have to work around him.

4. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Well if somebody saw it I would say the mayor could do more to conceal. However we all may have had an instance or two that the wind caused. The other guy ownes a gun and I guess must have it in for the mayor to bring it up. I wouldnt make a big deal of it if I noticed somebody carrying. Just go about my business.

And the other idiots that feel threatened... well it is Conn.!

5. Pede

Pede New Member

Apparently the sight of a gun made people uneasy and threatened. What a bunch of weenies we've become where the sight of a gun is threatening . Actually, I'd feel pretty good knowing someone responsible was armed around me; since I wouldn't be allowed to carry mine to the meeting. :(