Comp-Tac Settable Cant Holster - Belt/Paddle combo

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by VolGrad, Oct 12, 2007.

1. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Anyone ever tried one of these Comp-Tac Settable Cant Holster?

Settable Cant Holster
    $65.00 + $7.00 (for both belt & paddle options)

Comp-tac's first belt holster design is the hallmark of versatility! Whether you prefer the convenience of a paddle, the security of a belt holster or the option to switch as your needs dictate, you can get it all with our new Settable Cant rig. The Settable Cant holster allows you to change between paddle holster and belt holster and to set the angle of cant from zero degrees to forty degrees in either a Forward Body Incline (FBI) or X-Draw configuration. The holster body comes with either a paddle appliance or one slotted to accept a belt. Or, you can get the deluxe package and switch from one to the other as your requirements dictate. And as an added bonus - the modular design allows us to use our thinnest material (.090") for the holster body while keeping the rigidity and and durability of the thick material (.125") for the paddle and belt appliances. Be aware that the Settable Cant holsters do tend to ride a bit higher than our other outside the waistband designs, particularly when used with the paddle. This can be helpful when wearing the rig under a short coat or sportcoat. The belt appliance, you'll notice, does have a low mounting position available, also. Note, also, the sweat shield. Usually only available on IWB holsters, the Settable Cant is the first belt/paddle holster we're aware of to offer this feature. And of course, the sight rail on the Settable Cant is as generous as with any of our other designs.

2. GunNut

GunNut New Member

I will tomorrow. Thats the one I ordered for my 21sf. :D

The belt version....

3. VolGrad

Tell me what you think when you get it. I am thinking ahead and it would be for a 21SF also. Since I have been trading guns so much lately I have been trying to be more practical in my holster choices. I think of the gun and how/where I might be carrying/using it. I buy only what I think I will need. I think this setup would offer me some flexibility while only buying one holster. You can't really go wrong with Comp-Tac, afterall.

EDIT: An interesting thread off SigForum
    http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/286105289/p/1

4. Blackadder

Blackadder Guest

I've tried a friend's settable cant and it doesn't conceal nearly as well as the Comp-Tac high-ride paddle. I like the holster, though.

5. VolGrad

Good to know. I have read a couple of threads on other forums about this holster and it got mixed reviews. Most said when used as a paddle it was fine but as a belt holster it stuck out too far. I would most likely use as a paddle mostly so I might just get a regular paddle.

Anxiously awaiting GunNut's review of his, since it is for the same pistol mine would be for.

6. Blackadder

Blackadder Guest

I have a high standard for "concealability" and have bought an embarassing number of paddle holsters hoping that I'd find one that concealed as well as an IWB.

I know now, of course, that there's not one. The Comp-Tac high ride paddle is the closest I've found, though, and it's my primary holster during cooler weather.

7. merlock

merlock Active Member

This is what I use. Since I OC 99.5% of the time, conceal-ability issues are moot for me. I've never hooked the paddle up, so if I come across a PG, I have to do the loosing the belt thing.

I like the audible 'click' when my gun is fully seated in the holster. While hard to describe, I can feel the click as well. I don't think you'll go wrong, but YMMV.

8. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Well, update....I wore is all day today, works well. As Blackaddar stated, it isn't a concealable holster, that wasn't the reason I wanted it. The gun fits like a glove.

I can't say I have any complaints about it. Its a great OWB kydex holster.

9. VolGrad

I can't imagine trying to conceal a full sized Glock 21SF. This is what I will be getting it for. I really just want a paddle but liked this one because I could switch the attachment mechanism and have a belt holster too. I don't plan to open carry with it in public per se, just to range and back and when I take the dog out for last call. This gun will be a HD and range gun only, not for concealed carry.