Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Comp-tac IWB holsters, prefered?

3K views 55 replies 15 participants last post by  oxfat 
#1 ·
Just wanted to know who has a Comp-tac IWB holster and how do you like it? I'm considering one but I'm not sure which one I want. I don't want to dish out money for one until I hear from some people that actually have one and what ther likes and dislikes are. I'm prettty sure I'll get one its just a matter of which one is more comfortable and easiest to handle.

Thanks,
Adrian D.

#2 ·
I have the CTAC for my Glock 30. This is my everyday carry. I really like it. I got mine with the "J" clips. I find these clips hide more easily under your belt than the standard ones. I have even worn it on occasion without a belt with no problems.

The holster fits snup against my body and I can easily adjust the cant to conceal better or to be more comfortable. I wear it at 3 o'clock. I haven't thought about it until today but since you can adjust the cant it could be worn cross-draw just as easily. This might be more comfortable if you were driving alot and didn't want to worry about the seatbelt getting in your way (if you needed to draw) or pushing on the holster/weapon.

Hope this helps.

#5 ·
I'm thinking the Ctac but it looks like its kind of pain to take on/off quickly. Thats also another concern I'm also thinking of getting the paddle holster. I went and bought a Fobus for my Sig Pro 2009 and its ok but it just seems a little too thick which kind of cause the weapon to lean out away from my hip unless I get a beltthat really tightens up on my britches!! The Comp tac paddle looks alot thinner than the Fobus which I think would also help with keeping th weapon closer to the body.

#8 ·
Have you looked at the MTAC, adriand? I'm basically in the same position as you. I'm looking at both the CTAC and MTAC right now. I like the idea of the leather between me and my G19, but I've never been a fan of that "new leather smell."

So I'm thinking of buying the CTAC to see how comfortable it is. If I can't wear it, then I'll take advantage of Comp-Tac's return policy and get the MTAC.

#10 ·
oxfat said:
Have you looked at the MTAC, adriand? I'm basically in the same position as you. I'm looking at both the CTAC and MTAC right now. I like the idea of the leather between me and my G19, but I've never been a fan of that "new leather smell."

So I'm thinking of buying the CTAC to see how comfortable it is. If I can't wear it, then I'll take advantage of Comp-Tac's return policy and get the MTAC.
Interesting. I just looked at the MTAC and want one. Of course, they don't make it for my p7 :(

#11 ·
adriand said:
I'm thinking the Ctac but it looks like its kind of pain to take on/off quickly.
I don't really think the CTAC is a pain to get on/off. I have read this same concern on other reviews about this holster. I suggest you try it and see if it works for you.

To be honest, my Fobus paddles are so tight I sometimes have to wrestle them more than my CTAC to remove them. I have Fobus paddles for most of my pistols just because they are cheap. Each time I buy a new pistol I start off with the Fobus paddle until I find something I really like as a more permanant solution. I have a drawer full of Fobus paddles.

The first Fobus I bought was an Evolution Series for my G22/26 (see link below). It has the adjustable tension screw. It seems to be angled better and holds the pistol grip more closely to my body. If they have that model for your pistol, I strongly recommend it. They don't have many pistols to choose from yet for this holster so I had to start buying the regular old models after that one. I do not like these nearly as well but they still work. I think you are correct, these don't seem to hold the pistol grips as close to my body.

https://secure.fobusholster.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=39&osCsid=f339dde2e2edead358b536778b93d56e

If you order from Fobus online you can sometimes get free mag holders as well.

#12 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I went ahead and ordered the paddle holster. Once that comes in and I see how much I like it then I'll try and figure out which IWB I'll get. By the way how long have you guys had to wait for your holster from Comp tac? Hopefully not more than 2 weeks. I know they make them when you order them but I would think they would have alot of the shells already made and all they have to do is put them together when they recieve an order.

#13 ·
adriand said:
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I went ahead and ordered the paddle holster. Once that comes in and I see how much I like it then I'll try and figure out which IWB I'll get. By the way how long have you guys had to wait for your holster from Comp tac? Hopefully not more than 2 weeks. I know they make them when you order them but I would think they would have alot of the shells already made and all they have to do is put them together when they recieve an order.
I think mine was about a week and a half, maybe. They say "made to order", but I think all that means is putting whichever type of clip you choose on the holster. Shouldn't take long. I have had mine for about a month so far.

#16 ·
Well, I just ordered the CTAC. I'm looking forward to seeing how comfortable it is. At the GCO Lunch I think budder had a CTAC on. I was plenty jealous!

Now the wait begins . . . . Is it here yet? I never was good at this waiting thing . . .

#17 ·
CTAC's are great gear.

I loved mine.

I just got the Infidel. But I was a little miffed that they molded the holster in such a way so that the USPc can only be carried with the safety off. Since the safety has to be off I cannot carry it with the hammer back as I prefer. I shot them an email and I was kinda surprised that I am going to have to pay them more money to remold the holster for something that should not have been a problem in the first place. I like the holster, but I may return it because that just isn't right.

#18 ·
oxfat said:
Well, I just ordered the CTAC. I'm looking forward to seeing how comfortable it is. At the GCO Lunch I think budder had a CTAC on. I was plenty jealous!

Now the wait begins . . . . Is it here yet? I never was good at this waiting thing . . .
I had on a Blade-Tech UCH. It's a great holster, though I do wish it had another attachment point. I think I would prefer a solid leather holster for IWB. Speaking of which, does anyone with a Memphis holster want to meet up sometime and let me check it out? I'll buy you a coffee or something.

#19 ·
Rammstein said:
CTAC's are great gear.

I loved mine.

I just got the Infidel. But I was a little miffed that they molded the holster in such a way so that the USPc can only be carried with the safety off. Since the safety has to be off I cannot carry it with the hammer back as I prefer. I shot them an email and I was kinda surprised that I am going to have to pay them more money to remold the holster for something that should not have been a problem in the first place. I like the holster, but I may return it because that just isn't right.
Sounds like dremmel tool time, then you have a custom holster.

#21 ·
I had on a Blade-Tech UCH
So that's what it was! From the pictures on their web sites, that looks comparable to a Comp-TAC Infidel.

In any case, I think you've got it right, budder. See if someone else has one and is willing to let you take a look at it.

#23 ·
I have nothing but good things to say about my CTAC!
That's good feedback. The complaints I've heard about the CTAC is that for some people it is uncomfortable because their gun pinches them, or rubs against them. I'm hoping this isn't the case for me.

#25 ·
oxfat said:
I have nothing but good things to say about my CTAC!
That's good feedback. The complaints I've heard about the CTAC is that for some people it is uncomfortable because their gun pinches them, or rubs against them. I'm hoping this isn't the case for me.
If it doesn't suit you, I'll buy it from you for $10. And, since you won't have a holster for that gun anymore, I'll cut you a deal on the gun for another $5.

I know, I know, I'm being overly generous, but oxfat and I are buddies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.