1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do Comp-Tac's C Clips fit an A&G belt?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I don't know about the C-clips, but the standard clip does. Perhaps you can contact Comp-Tac and ask them to compare the two?

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
I would say Yes, but I never used those when I wore Comp-Tac holsters. I used the Standard Clip over a A&G black 1.25" belt. The Standard Clip and the C-Clip are designed to fit the same type belts.

The clips in the picture were made for 1.50" belt and had a little play on the A&G 1.25" belt

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
at 1.25 that belt looks wider than I thought it would. Maybe when I one day order a black one for dress pants I should get the 1.25 instead of the 1.5.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,130 Posts
at 1.25 that belt looks wider than I thought it would. Maybe when I one day order a black one for dress pants I should get the 1.25 instead of the 1.5.
I tried that once. There (to me) is a large difference in that little quarter inch. Go to Macys or JCP or Sears or where ever and try various widths. You might be surprised at how that quarter inch grows.

Personally I prefer the 1 3/4 if I can get them and rarely go under 1.5.

Nemo

·
Registered
711 Posts
Ed, When the clips come in - try them on your belt and if they don't fit, let me know and I'll make another belt a tad thinner.

I don't want you boys going out and having to worry about your holster falling off.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ed, When the clips come in - try them on your belt and if they don't fit, let me know and I'll make another belt a tad thinner.

I don't want you boys going out and having to worry about your holster falling off.
:lol: Let's hope that doesn't happen! Thanks. I am sure it will be no problem, Al.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,821 Posts
i gotta buy a new belt soon. ive lost 93 pounds my last A&G belt will wrap about 1/4 way around my body now if i drilled holes to keep using it lol

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
My A&G 1.5" is one millimeter thicker than my previous 1.5" EDB. Because of that thickness, it's a tight fit running my A&G though the loops of some of my dress pants. And my cell phone holster wouldn't work with it either. Al and I came up with a solution that I've been experimenting with for several months, and so far it's working well.

That said, I would not trade my 1.5" A&G for any other belt or size.

ETA: Oh, and my Comp-Tac's standard clips work perfect with my A&G belt.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ETA: Oh, and my Comp-Tac's standard clips work perfect with my A&G belt.
Yeah, I have no doubt, but I was inquiring into the C-clips, for when I want to be secretive and sneaky

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
I had velcro sewn onto the back side of my leather carry belts and used the V-Clips with a Kahr P9 some years ago for sneaky tucked-in carry. It worked very well with that sized gun.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I had velcro sewn onto the back side of my leather carry belts and used the V-Clips with a Kahr P9 some years ago for sneaky tucked-in carry. It worked very well with that sized gun.

I have the same thing, for when I need deep concealment while dressed up with a shirt tucked in. I have carried a Glock 19, 23 and 30S that way, and nobody had a clue.

The downside to the C-clips (not the V-clips) is that they are kind of visible, and look unusual enough so that if someone noticed them, they might get curious or nosy, trying to figure out what they are. The V-clips do not extend to the bottom of the belt like the C-clips do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts