Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Combat Handguns Magazine. Anybody see it and read yet? I rarely agree with Mas. Sometimes he's got the nail squarely on the head, other times he mashes it over into the wood sideways. His current notations and machinations are both.

Rather scathing of our "buddy", Kwik.... Off base on other things. I am so tired of the "Concealed means Concealed" crowd, as well.

Oh well.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,725 Posts
Match10 said:
Combat Handguns Magazine. Anybody see it and read yet? I rarely agree with Mas. Sometimes he's got the nail squarely on the head, other times he mashes it over into the wood sideways. His current notations and machinations are both.

Rather scathing of our "buddy", Kwik.... Off base on other things. I am so tired of the "Concealed means Concealed" crowd, as well.

Oh well.
I have a lot of respect for Mas. However, I read his article, and feel that he conveniently left out some facts concerning Kwik's Internet postings, and at a minimum smeared Kwik by innuendo. I'm not a lawyer, but Kwik may have been libeled by Mas, in my non-professional opinion.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,108 Posts
Now I got one more thing to pick up at the supermarket--- or at least browse it while I'm waiting for the deli workers to slice my ham.

I like the magazine, generally. I'm more interested in tactics than hardware, unless some really new and revolutionary gun or ammo is put on the market.

I like the stories of how things went down in real life. News reports in the mainstream media never go into detail like that, and if they do, they're often wrong because they're based on just one supposed eyewitness's opinion.

Massad Ayoob--- he has some strange ideas. He seems too cautious sometimes; too afraid of a lawsuit over a self-defense shooting. I have no clue what he said about KwikRnu yet. Keep in mind, though, that KwikRnu may (might) have made himself a public figure by his frequent interent postings on many different sites. If he's a public figure instead of a private person he gets less protection under the libel / slander laws. The First Amendment gives people more freedom to insult you if you are a public figure known to espouse a controversial position on a matter of public concern (like how and where to carry guns in public places).

·
Super Moderator
7,120 Posts
I can't find that issue anywhere, but have been dying to see it. I just wanted the article in question.

Anybody have a softcopy?

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's in the february issue, IIRC I got my copy in early december so it may no longer be on shelves.

That was definitely not the usual commentary that you see from Mas. It appears that Kwik managed to push a few of his buttons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts