Columbus, sounding off!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by havoc1, Jan 8, 2007.

1. havoc1

havoc1 New Member

Greetings! Joined up today because I was researching GA CCW requirements and put my app in this afternoon. I came here by way of packing.org.

Awesome information here on this site! Turns out I have some unexpected options open for me under 16-11-130 since I'm here at the Fort Benning School for Wayward Boys. Still, as I explained in another thread, I put the CCW app in because I believe it's the right thing to do. Good to be here and howdy to all. I've already enjoyed chatting with Gunstar1, Malum Prohibitum, and Rammstein! Looking forward to learning from everyone!

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Glad to have ya havoc1, and welcome!

And thank you for your service to our great republic.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

havoc1, when you get the time, could you update me on the requirements for bringing weapons onto the school for wayward boys site? :lol:

I used to shoot once a month on the English range (Fort Benning Rifle and Pistol Club). They have changed their location to another range, and I haven't been in a couple of years. After 2001, they added those security checkpoints, but even then it was kind of relaxed once I showed the club card (they never bothered to look in the gun cases piled up in the back of the SUV, even though they did once use mirrors to look at the undercarriage).

Has much changed in the last two years?

I was thinking of maybe starting to go back, but I won't go if it means a body cavity search or even just a big hassle from the gate.

I think I got an email a while back form the club mentioning registration . . . I don't particularly like that, either.

Oh, hey, I have an idea! Maybe I should contact the club and ask them! :D

4. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Welcome aboard.

This is a great site. Nice people, very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. What Robert Heinlein said about an armed society being a polite society certainly applies here!

And thanks for being in Uncle's gun club. A lot of us had similar experiences way back in our wasted youth... Or is it "youths"?

Anyway, welcome.

5. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Welcome....and I think it's "yutes"... :)