Columbus/ Ft. Benning Competitions

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by JeffSmith2208, Nov 17, 2010.

1. JeffSmith2208

JeffSmith2208 New Member

Does anyone know of any local (Columbus) competitions? I know there is a range out at Ft. Benning that holds competitions to members, but can't get anyone to answer my emails. I would love to shoot in some sort of event, just don't want to travel to do so.

2. SoonerPast

SoonerPast New Member

Just to the west of Phenix City, in the community, Crawford, is the East Alabama Gun Club. Many soldiers from Ft. Benning are coming to the matches there. This Sunday is the regular monthly USPSA match. Much detail is available at www.eagunclub.com
    Please come give it a try. On the second Saturday of each month they hold an IDPA match. If there is 5th Sunday in a month, a 3 gun match is often held.

3. JeffSmith2208

JeffSmith2208 New Member

Awsome, thank you so much!

4. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Jeff:

There was a match on post at Benning the first weekend in November. I don't know any details; the range officer at the Chickasawhatchee WMA in Dougherty county had some info on it a few weeks ago.

Sadly, I don't remember the details since I couldn't go.

I tell you this so you can check it out yourself since you are much nearer the base than I am.
    But then the Phenix City group might be a lot of fun, too!

5. JeffSmith2208

JeffSmith2208 New Member

Thanks for the tip...

I looked into the gun club in PC, but they are $200 per year memberships. Fortunately you don't have to be a member to compete in matches.

I know that Ft. Bennings range is around $70 for civi's per year... Not bad, and closer for me.

6. EmergencyNrse

EmergencyNrse Member

7. JeffSmith2208

JeffSmith2208 New Member