Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
wa4phy, that was a terribly fast turnaround time on your GFL. A friend and I submitted our apps on March 27, 2006 and both of us are still waiting, roughly 73 days. I have called Probate Court to inquire about the status of GFL and got the standard line... didn't push the issue any further at the time. but, she did tell me it would take 14-16 weeks.

· Registered
12 Posts
hey Sam, i'm 39, but i don't think there is an age biase, hope not. the thing that gets me is i am employeed, on a volunteer basis at the Sheriffs office and the girl doing the app knew it. my backgroung check on the local level was completed while i was there, I actually helped deputy Magahee run it. I even called a friend in admin services at the GBI and he said he would get it pushed through. as far as i know, i am only waiting on the FBI check. I may give it a few more weeks and then call Judge Hardaway and see what she says.

john

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.