Columbia County GFL

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by kestak, Apr 20, 2007.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I am confused. I went to the Columbia county probate court and mentionned I wanted to apply for a GFL permit (Exactly in those words). She asked my driver license then filled up a form for me, asked me to sign, took a few bucks from me and took only my right hand index finger print on the form with ink.

She told me I should receive some news within 30 days.

Is it really the permit we commonly call Concealed carry weapon permit?

Thank you

2. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

There's only one permit, the GFL.

It seems this court is violating state law by not having fingerprints taken for that particular background check.

Damn them for streamlining the procedure!

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Welcome to GPDO kestak!

How much money did she take from you exactly? Did you give her the money order? She (and not police) only took your right hand index finger?

hmm

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

My first license had only the right index finger taken, but that was a long time ago.

5. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

Wow, that was fast for answers!

I think she took 24$ and she gave me a receipt. So I am not concernaed about her honesty toward the money.

And yes, she only took my right index fingerprint that I applied on the form with ink.

I asked her about the fingerprints and said I was all set. I am used to get my fingerprints taken electronically (I am not a felon, do not worry, it was for Green card, security checks, DFACS) and I am quite puzzle that she only took my index and on the form.

Thank you

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

7. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Well from the last report I got from Columbia, they take the $24 first and when your permit comes back they charge the $15.

Still doesn't explain why they didn't take a full set of your prints...

8. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

Last friday I went to pick up my new rifle and talking to the store owner who has a GFL, he told me they just take the right index fingerprint. So, it looks like it is normal procedure for now.

However, a frien of mine who got his license a few years ago told me they took the whole set on cards at that time for him...

Thank you

9. Dusty

Dusty New Member

They took all ten fingerprints for me just 3-4 months ago. I want my other nine back.

However, I did notice that when I went back to pick up my license that they removed the big digital scanner machine from the lobby. Change of policy I guess.