Columbia County - Finally got it!

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by JMC, Jul 20, 2006.

1. JMC

JMC New Member

:D

Hey Guys, finally received my GFL today! well actually received a letter saying it was ready to be picked up... and yes, I hauled butt up there and picked it up ($15.00 to probate court).

lets see about the timetable:
    applied - March 27, 2006
    approved and received: July 20, 2006
    well that's just a tad under 4 months!

there were also two other guys there to pick up theirs as well, one guy applied march 01, 2006, and the other was middle of March 2006. so, it seems 4 Months is the time in columbia county. haven't heard from my friend that applied the same day as I to confirm his was ready.

Gunstar1, you may want to use this info on the county page since there were several of us at the probate court picking up our GFL and apparently applied close to the same date. this is more realistic than Sam's 30 day MIRACLE. Hey Sam, drop me a line to go to the range.

But anyway, I GOT IT!!

2. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

JMC, are you saying you had to pay $15 to pick up your license? What was the $15 for?

3. JMC

JMC New Member

Fee to the Probate court. Made the check out to the Probate Court, not the judge or the secretary.

Initally it was $24.00 (GCIC)
    Then when its ready $15.00 (Probate Court)
    Total - $39.00
    GFL In Hand - Priceless

I am not sure what they do to earn the $15.00, but that is what it is and has always been. I had a GFL in the mid 90's and the fees were the same, hadn't even gone up.

4. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Gotcha. I think most probate courts charge the $15 at the time of application, not at the time of issue. But, that's great. Congratulations.

5. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

JMC, do you remember at the time of your application if you were required to provide a social security number and employment info?

6. JMC

JMC New Member

ICP, yes I provided an SSN and employment info( profession, name of company and physical address).

7. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Congrats!

Columbia county has been updated.

Floyd county also takes the $15 when you pick up the license.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations on the county government denying your right to carry through its dilatory conduct for two extra months!

:woohoo: :cheers:

9. JMC

JMC New Member

MP, They were very nice about it taking so long... :righton: