Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haz it! I have been wanting one of these for over a year now but did not want to pay the premium price of online auctions since they had not been produced for a while. Sometime this year colt must have produced a new batch of them so i went on the hunt to find. I found one at a local dealer and jumped on it cause i got a good price, walked out the door with it for $860. I'm very happy with the purchase, it feels great, fit nice and looks really good also with the wood grips on there. pics below.

·
Super Moderator
7,126 Posts
Welcome to the club!

I LOVE my Combat Elite.

This is my 1911 that I would NEVER sell.

·
Just a Man
6,061 Posts
Docindahouze,
That is a very good looking 1911 you got yourself. :righton: I like the newer beaver-tail Colt is putting on most of their guns now. They really undercut that trigger guard now to help get a higher grip too.

Let us know how it shoots when you get a chance.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Very nice!
:love:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Drool! I like how much the trigger guard has been undercut!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tmoore912 said:
Docindahouze,
That is a very good looking 1911 you got yourself. :righton: I like the newer beaver-tail Colt is putting on most of their guns now. They really undercut that trigger guard now to help get a higher grip too.

Let us know how it shoots when you get a chance.
Thanks, took the gun to the range the other day for it's first time. Along with the two factory 8 round mags i bought along several wilson, tripp research, chip mccormick, springfield, taurus, para, and act-mag. I started off with the factory colt 8 rounders. I inserted the mag slide open and then released the slide and the round nosedived, hit the feedramp and got stuck. After i cleared it i tried again with the second colt mag and the same thing happened. I also tried to load by inserting the mag on a closed slide and then racking but still the round nosedived and got stuck on the feedramp . I was a bit skeptical about the colt 8 rounders even before i went to the range because of the fact that you are fitting 8 rounds into a 7 round mag body and thought maybe there were issues with these mags that was why it was not feeding properly. After putting them aside i decided to start using several other magazines i had bought with me, the gun ran flawlessly after. After a 100 rounds of using the other mags i decided to switch back to the factory mags, I continued using the factory mags for another 100 rounds and did not have a single failure whatsoever. I guess something just needed to break in? But anyway apart from the small problem at the beginning I am very happy with the way the gun performed.

·
Just a Man
6,061 Posts
Sounds like a good day at the range. I'm glad it seemed to break in a little. Just for reference, here is a link to the 10-8 Forum by Hilton Yam.
http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/ub ... #Post51276 In this thread he is explaining 1911 malfunctions and the potential causes. It has pictures which help explain the malfunction. I think it is a good read.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tmoore912 said:
Sounds like a good day at the range. I'm glad it seemed to break in a little. Just for reference, here is a link to the 10-8 Forum by Hilton Yam.
http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/ub ... #Post51276 In this thread he is explaining 1911 malfunctions and the potential causes. It has pictures which help explain the malfunction. I think it is a good read.
wow thanks for the link, i'll be looking at this. :D

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
had a few things done to my liking.

Wilson Combat Ultralight Match Trigger.
Wilson Combat Deluxe A-2 Sear.
Wilson Combat Factory Plus Disconnector.
Wilson Combat Bullet Proof Sear Spring.
Wilson Combat Ultralight Skeleton Hammer SS.
Wilson Combat Highride Ambi Thumb Safety SS.
Ed Brown MSH/Magwell SS
EGD HD Extended Magazine Catch.
Esmeralda Cocobolo Grips

work done by Brain @ Ott Gun Works.

·
Just a Man
6,061 Posts
It looks very nice. Now you need some bumper pads for your mags, since you have the magwell now.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tmoore912 said:
It looks very nice. Now you need some bumper pads for your mags, since you have the magwell now.
Thanks alot! yeah I will be using extended 8 rounders in this gun with large base plates when carrying. I just put that one in there for the photogs so that u don't have to look at an empty magwell.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Might as well go ahead and replace all the springs and you'll be failure free for at least a thousand rounds.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Deek said:
Might as well go ahead and replace all the springs and you'll be failure free for at least a thousand rounds.
the gun only has about 300 rounds through it now, so i dont really need to replace any springs yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts