Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Super Moderator
74,129 Posts
Officials said that the suspect was arrested on five counts of murder and five counts of “bias-motivated crime causing bodily injury,” language that reflects Colorado’s hate crimes law. Other charges related to the dozens injured in the assault remain likely when the suspect is formally charged in court.​
It was unclear Monday precisely how officials determined what motivated the suspect. In an interview with CNN Monday morning, Colorado Springs Police Chief Adrian Vasquez said that the suspect remains in the hospital and is "determined not to speak to investigators."​

·
Super Moderator
74,129 Posts
The mass shooters name has been out there for days but nobody has a picture of him online except one image of him silhouetted by his own doorbell camera as he walks out to meet the /SWAT team or bomb squad from a prior incident.

Is the killer a black guy?
Only blacks, Muslims, and hispanic mass-killers have the privilege of often having their names and images kept out of the media so the leftist media can perpetuate the myth that white people are the ones doing all the big gun crimes in America, and White people can't be trusted with guns. And this killer's name doesn't seem consistent with him being Hispanic or Muslim. (The fact that he's got a white grandparent doesn't mean that he's a white guy himself. Just ask Barak Obama.)
I posted a link with several pictures of him. No, he is not a black guy. Go to Heavy.com

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,856 Posts
I went to three or four mainstream news sites reading articles about this shooting, and I never saw the guys skin or face, but now I see it on HEAVY.com.

Maybe other news sites had a picture of a young guy name Nicholas Brink but I didn't realize that Brink had changed his name to Aldrich.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Looks to me like this kid has been screaming at the world that he is troubled and the family has been living in lala land trying to act like everything is normal.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,856 Posts
I'm curious to see how much damage the drag queen in heels did.

It's probably gonna look more effective than this scene from the end of Blazing Saddles:

·
Super Moderator
74,129 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,856 Posts
What I want to know, is "if" the Feds had never let the 1994 assault weapon law sunset, and if let's say sometime after that there was a huge buyback program where people who own those type of guns sold them for a generous payment to an agency that would destroy them ....

And IF (assuming, in this hypothetical twist on the real facts) this young gay-club shooter could not find any assault weapon or semi automatic version of an assault weapon, or full capacity magazine,
what course of action would he then take:

(1)- Use whatever gun, cartridge, magazine, option that he could find easily available through normal channels of commerce, choosing the deadliest of these combinations that he had to pick from? (Let's say a fixed-stock SKS that uses 10 round stripper clips to load a blind (nondetachable) magazine.

(2) -- Hold off on his Murderous plans until he has finished making his own assault weapon by doing extensive gunsmithing work to convert legal guns into the illegal style or even taking non-firing movie prop guns and making them work like the real ones?

3-- Steal a police officer's assault type gun by breaking into some cops house, a parked & unattended police car, or maybe just ambushing some cop on the street with a sawed-off shotgun, taking the cop's keys and searching the patrol car for an AR carbine?

4-- Give up his plans to kill people with fire arms and instead plot to kill people with blunt impact weapons, edged weapons, or maybe just by kicking over a 5 gallon bucket of gasoline and lighting a match in that gay nightclub?

(The worst mass murder in any building, in all of US history, was done by a disgruntled Hispanic man who had been thrown thrown out of a underground Puerto Rican nightclub in New York City and he burned down the place with a bucket of gasoline later that night in revenge.)

5-- The wanna be killer would give up his murderous plans entirely if he could not easily buy an AR 15 and 30+ round magazines over the counter or from a classified ad online. He would instead take up knitting, read the Bible, see a therapist, and work out his anger issues in a responsible and socially conscious way.

·
Super Moderator
74,129 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Law enforcement officials also cautioned media against assuming that Colorado's red flag law — when a court can order someone at risk of gun violence to surrender their weapons — would have applied in any previous encounters Aldrich may have had with authorities.​
Law enforcement officials cautioned the public against holding them accountable.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
New info. Can it still be a hate crime?

Nemo

Suspect's lawyers want arrest warrant unsealed
Aldrich's attorneys filed court papers contesting a judge's order to seal an affidavit in support of the arrest warrant in the case.
"Mx. Aldrich moves for . . . an order from the court that a copy of the arrest affidavit is made available to the defense immediately. The sealing of the affidavit and refusal to permit defense counsel to view the affidavit, implicates defendant's right to effective assistance of counsel," the defense motion states.
Aldrich is nonbinary and uses "they/them pronouns, and for the purposes of all formal filings, will be addressed as Mx. Aldrich," the defense motion states. bold enlargement added
Mike J. James

·
Super Moderator
74,129 Posts

House Majority Leader Daneya Esgar, D-Pueblo, and Rep. Brianna Titone, D-Arvada, who leads the Colorado LGBTQ Legislative Caucus, called the shooting an “unspeakable act of violence (that) impacts the entire LGBTQ community” in a statement.​
“We must take urgent and meaningful action to reduce gun violence and prevent crimes that target and kill LGBTQ people,” they added.​

41 - 60 of 79 Posts