·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another source for info. I wonder why the long gun has not been identified as an Assault Rifle or otherwise. Its been about 12 hours so that indicates it not an EBR weapon of war.

Nemo

·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
792 Posts
Another source for info. I wonder why the long gun has not been identified as an Assault Rifle or otherwise. Its been about 12 hours so that indicates it not an EBR weapon of war.

Nemo

Well the Police Chief of Colorado Springs - home of the Air Force Academy - was previously a USAF MP, so it's likely that he simply uses more military-esque verbiage ("long gun") in his press releases.

DH

·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought that too, but it was quoted being reported as a long rifle. That error would like not have been made by someone with more than basic knowledge.

Nemo

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,869 Posts
When do you see the words "long" and "rifle" next to each other in the context of guns?

1-- Kentucky Long Rifle. State of the art long range sniper rifle circa 1780.

2-- .22 Long Rifle --- the most popular of all the rimfire cartridges.

Item #2 is far more likely to be used in a crime today.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,869 Posts

Dementia Joe says he doesn't know anything about the shooter's motivation or what weapons were used... but nonetheless he's condemning hate crimes against gays and wants in a salt weapon ban!

·
Super Moderator
74,149 Posts

·
Super Moderator
74,149 Posts

·
Super Moderator
74,149 Posts
Ibid.

A man with the same name and of the same age as the shooting suspect was arrested in June of last year in connection with a bomb threat, according to a statement from law enforcement at the time.​
When asked at a news conference Sunday if it was the same person, officials said they had to follow protocol before releasing any information on prior cases.​
According to a June 2021 news release from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, an Anderson Lee Aldrich was arrested that month on charges of felony menacing and first-degree kidnapping.​
Sheriff’s deputies responded to a report by the man’s mother that he was “threatening to cause harm to her with a homemade bomb, multiple weapons, and ammunition,” according to the release. Deputies called the suspect, and he “refused to comply with orders to surrender,” the release said, leading them to evacuate nearby homes.​
Several hours after the initial police call, the sheriff’s crisis negotiations unit was able to get Aldrich to leave the house, and he was arrested after walking out the front door. Authorities did not find any explosives in the home.​
It was not immediately clear how the case was resolved.​

·
Super Moderator
74,149 Posts
Rodriguez, an Air Force veteran, thought the first shot that was fired was part of the music, but then his military training kicked in and recognized the subsequent shots for what they were.​
"I flipped the table that we were sitting next to you for cover and I just yelled for everyone to get down," he told CBS News Colorado.​
The shooter was going through the club as he fired shots, according to Rodriguez: "all we heard was just him kind of gradually going through the club and just shooting as he was walking it was almost like target practice really for him."​
He then got on top of Juvera to protect her. That's when he felt a bullet graze him.​
"I felt a bullet graze my foot which kind of like woke me up to realize that the shooter was looking in our direction," he said. But his friend Tara, the DJ he came to support, had been shot in the back, he said.​
Juvera stayed with Tara until paramedics arrived while Rodriguez directed first responders to the suspect and victims. They say it still feels like a nightmare: "Prayers and condolences go out to all the families affected you know that obviously aren't weren't able to walk out from that scene."​
Tara is expected to survive after the bullet was removed at the hospital, the couple said.​

·
Super Moderator
74,149 Posts

Too much to quote, just read. Note that Heavy.com changes the articles as it finds more information. This one has a lot more info than it did even a couple hours ago, which is why I am sharing it now. Recent mental health issues according to his mother's social media.

·
Super Moderator
74,149 Posts

·
Super Moderator
74,149 Posts
It will be interesting to hear his criminal history, mental health treatment, and so on. Lots of details are likely to come out over the next few weeks.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just watched ABC World News Tonight and they reported an AR style rifle with multiple magazines.

First someone has given any details on the rifle design.

Nemo

• Sad
Reactions: Match10

·
Super Moderator
74,149 Posts
Authorities say Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, entered the gay club just before midnight and fired an unknown number of bullets from an AR-15 style long rifle before he was tackled to the ground

·
Super Moderator
74,149 Posts
During the horrific shooting, one patron managed to grab the attacker's gun and whacked him with it before another attendee helped to pin him down before police arrived four minutes after the attack started.​

1 - 20 of 81 Posts