College Students Kill Intruder

Discussion in 'In the News' started by gunsmoker, May 9, 2006.

1. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Today, 5/9/06, from the AJC.com website, there is an article about some college boys who faced an armed home-invasion robber and struggled with him, eventually stabbing him to death with a knife. There are some good quotes in here from the District Attorney supporting the use of deadly force to protect one's home, and announcing that there is no duty to retreat. Here's a short cut-and-paste.

This is what Nolan says happened next, early Friday morning, in events that Carrollton police are still investigating: He opened the door. But instead of his buddy, a masked gunman burst into the room.

"He grabbed my shirt and ripped it off and told me to get on the ground," Nolan said. "He stood over me and he cocked the pistol."

The gunman, apparently bent on robbery, turned to Nolan's roommate, fellow student Leamon Love, and pistol whipped him. Get on the ground, he screamed. Then the man went to the couch, where Nolan's buddy Mike Willams was sleeping. The gunman yelled he would kill them all.

He hit Williams in the jaw with the gun, Nolan said, and then started fumbling with the weapon. That's when Love saw his chance to attack. He tackled the robber and Nolan and Williams sprang up to help.

Nolan saw a grey pocket knife on the floor — the would-be robber's he assumes — and grabbed it. "He was like 6'6, 6'7. He was a monster. We're fighting and fighting and trying to get him to go down." While they struggled, the man was yelling to an accomplice to come in and kill them, Nolan said.

"I stabbed him until I felt safe," Nolan said.

--gunsmoker--

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

What a quote!

3. Sharky

Sharky New Member

And here is just one more case in which citizens allowed to carry should be allowed no matter where in the heck we are!

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Well good thing the robber was prepaired and helpful enough to provide the knife to be stabbed with.

5. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

At least they fought, but they should have been more aware than to have let the guy in the place.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Breaking news - TWO of the three students stabbed the guy, using the same knife.

Is this like tag team?

7. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Did they both stab him until they felt safe? They must tolerate different levels of risk.

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Or the first guy's arm got tired and the second one took over.

9. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Perhaps they were cleaning the knife and it went off...

10. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Adreniline is amazing stuff. If you have never learned how to respond to a threat during that surge of adrenaline, the outcome can be very unpredictable. Hard to be judged by pears that have never been there. Personally, if the intruder left breathing, they didn't stab enough. The intruder is 100% responcible for the outcome that evening. He is the only one that had 100% control to prevent the situation from ocurring. Stabbed once stabbed 50 times, hard to know what you would do unless you were in the situation. If my family was needing to be protected, I would stab until I couldn't stab anymore. Of course, a knife would be only needed when I ran out of ammo.

11. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

At the time I was dating a girl that went to West Georgia University. This happened in her Apt complex she called me that night. It's kinda funny I just found that there was a disscussion about this on this forum. She had her car damaged awhile ago because of what appears to be that someone ran on top of her car. Her hood was all dented up windshild cracked and roof dented. Oh well I ain't dating her anymore so what does it matter.

12. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

That's one of the funniest things I've read in a while! :lol: