College Student Suspended for Posting Facebook Photo w/ Gun

Discussion in 'In the News' started by RedDawnTheMusical, May 31, 2019.

1. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

2. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

I hope she gets a nice sum of cash, plus free tuition for life!

Phil1979 likes this.

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

She's a hoodrat aiming a handgun at a person (the picture-taker) with a "Imma Gonna Kill Yo Ass" gang-banger's scowl, with her thug homegirl carrying an AK-47 and a huge wad of cash, displaying the roll of currency as if she's a drug warlord.
    She captions the photo "Bonnie & Clyde" invoking the names of two of the most prolific and notorious savage murderers of the 20th century.

Clearly, her morals are in the gutter and she is the scum of society. People like her should expect to be treated like scum and discriminated against everywhere they go because they are scum.

Is this technical school public or private? Do they have a code of conduct? A morals or "public image" clause? Can they throw her out of the school for violating that code of conduct?

Just like white-robed Klansmen or black-flag-waving ISIS supporting radical Islamists, they are an infection of evil poisoning our society.

I have No sympathy for her. Even if the school did not give her a fair warning that this type of conduct his unacceptable for a student at that college, and even if the school has to accept her back and let her finish her degree, I hope nobody hires her.
    Nobody will live next to her, sell her a car, sell her a gun, or do any other business with her. Because she's declared herself to be an enemy of civilized society ---so let her be treated like an enemy.

4. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

So, you know her personally, gs?

5. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Is her pose/photo "thug-like" and in poor taste? Sure. Should the colleges be allowed to kick students out for non-threatening, private postings on social media? Before you answer, recognize that there is a system effort to suppress and discriminate against those that own firearms and those that sell them. At least that's the way that I see it. Just today Saleforce announced that they weren't going to allow users of their software to sell/stock various firearms and firearm accessories. Saleforce is a major ERP application that is very costly for mid and large size companies to implement and Companies like Camping World are already stepping out saying that this will significantly impact their operations. Add to that the financial service companies that won't service companies that sell or deal in firearm-related transactions, "sporting" stores that discontinue various firearm sales, etc. etc.

TimBob likes this.
  6. gunsmoker

Know her? Like in the Biblical sense?

Shee.... homes! My chex get ate up payin' dat hoe chyle support.

7. gunsmoker

Yeah, but part of the reason these companies want no part of the firearms and ammo business is BECAUSE criminal-worshipping gangster thugs DO buy guns, modern hi tech semi automatic assault style weapons, and actually DO use them to kill people ( sometimes innocent people, sometimes other hoodrat gangsters) in every big city in America.

I'm saying in addition to disarming the real criminals who have already committed their crimes, we should ALSO put a lot of pressure on members of society (like that young mom who got suspended from college) not to celebrate embrace or mimic the criminal gangster lifestyle.

If we as a society were less tolerant of criminals and crazies roaming free among us, and enjoying all the same civil liberties we enjoy, we could have a safer society with even MORE freedom for the people aren't crazy or criminally inclined!

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Free speech, gunsmoker. It's in the constitution. Sorry you don't like it, but, there you go. Her school is government, and it is not to abridge her freedom of speech. It's a pretty simple concept, really.

It is there to protect speech of which you do NOT approve. If everybody approved, then the amendment would not have been needed.

9. gunsmoker

<Grumble> <rolls eyes> <SMH>
    Yeah, you are right.

If it's a government school there's probably no way to sanction her for saying "I want to rob and murder people and die young, but rich."

A gov't school would also have no recourse if a student publicly announced that he wanted to open up a chapter of NAMBLA --the North American Man-Boy Love Association--- a group of adult pedophiles that want to poke little boys in the butt, and advocate for changing America's laws to legalize said activities.

A private college could and should have a morals clause, enforceable as a matter of contract law.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

. Correct. There is nothing in that statement that presents a credible threat to anyone. You think you are being sarcastic, but the First Amendment would fully protect this statement.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

No, the government cannot censor Mr. Mencken.

The situation might be different has she posted "I'm a gonna come to school tomorrow and pull a Jeremy, y'all."

But she didn't, so you will just have to sit there and be uncomfortable and disapproving and frustrated that we have a constitution that prevents you from censoring her were you school administrative staff.

11. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

Would you be saying all this crap about "thug life" and "hoodrat" and "thug homegirl" if it was a white person in an identical pose? There is quite literally NOTHING in that picture and post that shows any kind of criminal lifestyle. Perhaps not great judgement was used by pointing the gun at the photographer. But that assumes the camera wasn't setup on a timer. But that is literally the only negative thing I see about the picture.

12. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Think back a few years to when you were young and stupid, as we all were once. Didn't you do and say things then you probably soon regretted? Didn't we all? It's pretty much a rite of passage in becoming an adult. Cut her some slack.

And 1st Amendment also. :righton:

13. gunsmoker

I actually spent 15 minutes going through hundreds of Google images trying to find a picture of a white person imitating an urban gangster pose with bling bling, tats, brandishing a firearm, a menacing look or scowl on their face, maybe gang colors...

... and I found nothing for white people. I just couldn't. I tried.
    Plenty of Mexicans, plenty of blacks, no white people, at least in the first 200 or so images that I looked at.

14. gunsmoker

Yes, good point.
    Maybe there's hope for her yet.

15. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

16. gunsmoker

You are quite literally blind and deaf to what is plain before your eyes.

Five (5)things suggest she is promoting and announcing her admiration for a criminal lifestyle.

1 -- The "Bonnie & Clyde" caption she chose for the photo.

2- The wad of money in the hand of her partner-in-crime.

3-- The AK-47. It's "THE" unquestioned long gun of choice among black murderers, gang bangers, and drug kingpins. It's the proverbial ghetto blaster, and has been for the last 25 years.

4-- Her aiming her pistol at the camera (even if it were unattended and set with a delay timer). When people see the pic, they see this woman pointing the gun at THEM.
    She wants to look like she's about to kill YOU, when you see the photo.

5-- The mean, evil look on her face. She's not communicating that she's having a fun time at the range. In the photo she's communicating that she's ready to kill you.

17. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Every thing you said could be true. It could also be true she is just showing off for the photo. I believe we at this point in time have to give way to the second being factual for lack of evidence supporting actual criminal intent.

I'll explain...
    About 6 or seven years ago I was working a counter as CRSO at a local gun range. It was very busy and lots of people were using the range. I looked over at the observation window and saw 2 (white girls) waiving runs around. Placing arms over the shoulder of the other with the one with a gun in the hand. 2 other (white guys) were taking pictures of the various Bonnie and Clyde and gangster style poses. They were still doing this when I arrived at the 2 lanes they were supposed to be shooting on. I took the guns, laid them on the table pointing down range and said keep the pointed down range. Their response was "They are not loaded" I replied with it doesn't matter then left the range. When they were done they came out and complained to the manager on duty but admitted I was in the right. All four of them were members in the Georgia National Guard. The sad part is one of them taking the pictures was their firearm instructor.

They were just acting up for the photo. I knew this at the time but it was not safe to be doing that at a range. We do not have any evidence so suggest otherwise about this incident.

18. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

This guy got expelled from my high school back in the day. From what I heard from the folks that stayed in touch with him, he joined the local bloods at his new school and is, in fact, a gang banging thug. This is his current FB profile pic. He's always been a very angry dude.
    Screenshot_20190602-005449_Facebook.jpg

19. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

hmmmm....... Pic no show.

20. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

If we as a society were less tolerant of criminals, crazies and racist roaming free among us, and enjoying all the same civil liberties we enjoy, we could have a safer society with even MORE freedom for the people that aren't crazy ,criminally or racist inclined!