Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.thefire.org/index.php/articl ... dfd939e6a9

Hamline University has suspended student Troy Scheffler after Scheffler replied to an e-mail from Hamline Vice President of Student Affairs David Stern to the Hamline community offering counseling for Hamline students in the wake of the Virginia Tech shootings. In his reply, Scheffler wrote that a ban on students' right to carry concealed firearms on the Virginia Tech campus was part of the problem and that Hamline should eliminate similar policies. He also criticized the school’s diversity programs

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hanson replied the following day, offering Scheffler the opportunity to meet with university personnel to discuss his views. But on the following Monday, before Scheffler had even responded to Hanson’s invitation, he was hand-delivered a letter from Dean of Students Alan Sickbert notifying him that he was placed on interim suspension, effective immediately, due to his “threatening†e-mails to Stern and Hanson

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Its a private liberal university. Did he expect he was going to get hugs and kisses?

If it were a government funded institution I could get worked up over this. Since it isn't ... not so much.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Thorsen said:
Its a private liberal university. Did he expect he was going to get hugs and kisses?

If it were a government funded institution I could get worked up over this. Since it isn't ... not so much.
Now days Govt funded rules apply, if any students get Fed student aid. The libs asked for that now they should have to live by it.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
ber950 said:
Thorsen said:

Now days Govt funded rules apply, if any students get Fed student aid. The libs asked for that now they should have to live by it.
Didn't know that. Got a link?

If so, I think that in and of itself is BS.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Thorsen said:
ber950 said:
Thorsen said:

Didn't know that. Got a link?

If so, I think that in and of itself is BS.
No I don't have a link but its why Bob Jones University doesn't take federal aid students or have a tax exempt status. Its why VMU now excepts women.
Like I said the libs wanted it now they should have to live with it.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
The university is affiliated with the United Methodist church. The school website states it is a private liberal arts school. There are hundreds, perhaps thousands, similar to it.

Tuition, room and board are $37k/yr.

From the school's website:

"About Hamline

Creative and innovative teaching and learning attract a diverse student body of nearly 4,600 undergraduate and graduate students to Hamline University. Challenged to create and apply knowledge in local and global contexts, Hamline students develop an individual and community ethic of social justice, civic responsibility, and inclusive leadership and service."

He should probably be happy he was simply suspended rather than dragged off in handcuffs by the campus security SWAT team...

:handcuffs:

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
I would take the evaluation, and before I let the school know that the results were offer them a nice big lawsuit.

Reinstate without the results, or get sued and find out I am mentally sound at some point during the trial.

I will settle right now for no more harrasment and free tuition and books.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts