College Student Suspended for Advocating Right to Bear Arms!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.thefire.org/index.php/articl ... dfd939e6a9

2. Malum Prohibitum

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

That's screwed up.

4. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Its a private liberal university. Did he expect he was going to get hugs and kisses?

If it were a government funded institution I could get worked up over this. Since it isn't ... not so much.

5. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Now days Govt funded rules apply, if any students get Fed student aid. The libs asked for that now they should have to live by it.

6. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Didn't know that. Got a link?

If so, I think that in and of itself is BS.

7. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

If they prolong his suspension I wonder how strong of a case he would have for suing the school especially since it is private?

8. Malum Prohibitum

9. ber950

ber950 Active Member

No I don't have a link but its why Bob Jones University doesn't take federal aid students or have a tax exempt status. Its why VMU now excepts women.
    Like I said the libs wanted it now they should have to live with it.

10. Macktee

Macktee New Member

The university is affiliated with the United Methodist church. The school website states it is a private liberal arts school. There are hundreds, perhaps thousands, similar to it.

Tuition, room and board are $37k/yr.

From the school's website:

"About Hamline

Creative and innovative teaching and learning attract a diverse student body of nearly 4,600 undergraduate and graduate students to Hamline University. Challenged to create and apply knowledge in local and global contexts, Hamline students develop an individual and community ethic of social justice, civic responsibility, and inclusive leadership and service."

He should probably be happy he was simply suspended rather than dragged off in handcuffs by the campus security SWAT team...

:handcuffs:

11. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I would take the evaluation, and before I let the school know that the results were offer them a nice big lawsuit.

Reinstate without the results, or get sued and find out I am mentally sound at some point during the trial.

I will settle right now for no more harrasment and free tuition and books.