Collection Complete - Enter Sig 229

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Bulldawg182, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

I'm now officially done with my handgun collection. [-X I made the decision to sell my Colt King Cobra .357 and to use the proceeds to purchase the final 9mm I wanted to own. After shooting Sine Nomen's 229 a couple weeks ago, I left Bullseye knowing I had to own one and the stars aligned correctly on Friday when both the Colt sold and the 229 was available at the exact same price. So it's done! The 229 has Crimson Trace (which I'm not sure I like yet) and fired 200 rounds meticulously and enjoyably yesterday afternoon.

My handgun collection is now all 9mm as follows:
    • Glock 19
      Glock 26
      Kahr PM9
      H&K USPc
      SIG 229
      [​IMG]

2. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

Well aren't we special? LMAO Good choice in the 229. They are truely great guns.

3. GunNut

GunNut New Member

The 229 is a mighty fine weapon.

"Collection Complete"? Thats just crazy talk...

4. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Niiice

Seems the buying bug hit alot of people this weekend!

I cant wait to give yours' a try!

5. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Lose the CTC grips and go for the LaserMax if you want to do it right on that gun.

Sweet firearm though. Enjoy!

6. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

Keep the CT Grips much better than the Laser Max. You do not have to release the firing grip in order to use the CT, you do not have to replace the factory parts to have a laser.

7. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I thought I would never see "handgun collection complete" and "all 9mm collection" in the same thread. :?

Just kidding, sort of. :wink: Very nice!

8. Bulldawg182

I had a hard time shooting accurately with the CT Grips and yet shot it extremely well without them. We'll see what a few more trips to the range do. It was nice after I finally noticed that you can TURN THEM OFF with the flick of a switch!!! :lol:

For the record, I like the SIG 229 much better than the HK! 8) :shock: :D

9. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Here we go. :D :popcorn:

10. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Hey BD:

Congratulations! Nice collection you've got there.

BUT........................................

There jest ain't no sech a thang as a "complete" handgun collection!!!

Anybody wanna take bets on how long until he adds something to his collection? I'm thinking no later than Thanksgiving... probably Halloween... and quite possibly, by the end of the week!

:whistle:

11. M249

M249 New Member

I can easily imagine a complete handgun collection.

A complete rifle collection, however, does not exist.

12. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Maybe there's something wrong with me because I simply cannot comprehend at all the concept of a "complete" collection of any type guns!

Just a complete milsurp collection could easily run several thousand pieces.

Same for shotguns or pistols or revolvers, but rifles could encompass at least a hundred thousand individual guns.

If I ever win the lottery... :gotmail:

I mean, really win big at the lottery... Guess I'll need a fair sized building for starters...

And then there's the garage. The one I've already designed..... :D

\:D/

13. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Hit me too. I would have bought my new (30 yr old) rifle on Friday but i thought the shop closed at 7pm. I got there just a hair after six and they were closed.

Went back Saturday and got me the Winchester 30-30 i wanted for my collection. Now if only i can find a pre-64, i'll snag one of those up too.

I'm with the other folks here, there's no such thing as a complete collection.

I like CT grips. I DO NOT use them for target shooting. I do use them however for target practice around the house where bullets can't be fired. I practice point shooting with them. Quick aim, light the laser and see where you are pointing.

14. Bulldawg182

Great idea about the point shooting practice with the CTs. My wife will love it when I'm watching football games and pointing the SIG all over the house! :lol: How long do those batteries last anyways?

As for the collection being done, I mean it this time. :surrender:

15. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

The batteries last a long time.

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

17. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I think you meant this flag: :bsflag:

18. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

I think he meant that he's done buying 9mm handguns...now he's going to start collecting .40's, then .45's...and so on...

What's that phrase I keep reading a lot on this forum? Oh yeah: "there's no such thing as having too many guns".
    :lol: