Coke headquarters

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by gtmatt, Oct 11, 2010.

1. gtmatt

gtmatt Member

Last Friday I visited Coke headquarters on North Avenue in Atlanta. Turns out they have a walk-through metal detector on the way to the guest waiting room! I turned the corner and saw it and thought, "Uh-oh, I guess I'll be going back to the car now...". I did end up telling the operator that I was legally carrying a firearm and ask if it was allowed, just on the off chance, but he said I wasn't allowed to bring it in the building. I had not seen any signs on the way in but didn't say anything at that point. I double checked while going out and coming back in, and there were no signs anywhere before you get to the metal detector. I asked the security guy about that and he said there were signs, but I told him there weren't any; hopefully he/somebody will follow up on it and post something to give people some warning. He didn't give me any trouble, though, just didn't know what he was talking about regarding the (lack of) signs.

2. higabyte

higabyte New Member

3. gtmatt

gtmatt Member

4. higabyte

higabyte New Member

Ahh my mistake. Company wide policy then? Lol

5. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Years ago I used worked for a delivery service and would occasionally make deliveries to the Coke Headquarters. Security there is tight. I remember they would give you a "hall pass" (just like school) that you would have to get signed by security or the receptionist on the floor where you delivered the package/document. As you left the building you had to turn in your pass... and they checked for the signature!

Wonder what would have happened if I had gotten off on the wrong floor...