Georgiapacking.org banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
M249 said:
http://sos.georgia.gov/cgi-bin/Locator.asp

After you enter your information, you'll see your Georgia Senate and House districts. Mine are the same, district 33.

If you click on the senate link, it will send you to a colorful map of all the districts. Find your district and click on it. Here's a link to the districts in the Atlanta metro area: http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2007_08/senate/metromap.htm

If you click on the House link, it will just give you a list of the Reps, and their district.
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2007_08/house/07district.htm

I think it only works if you're registered to vote. If you're in Rep. Wix's district, let me know.
37th District. Dang

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Finally Issued

I called for an update, and after a lengthy hold, I talked to a less confrontational individual--she was actually friendly--than the person I spoke to on my last "check-in."

According to the lady in question, my GFL was issued on 22AUG07, a mere 71 days after application, and only 11 days late. She said it was mailed today, but I will verify the postmark when it arrives to keep them honest.

When I applied, Cobb had the SSN and employment information and, to my recollection, I was not informed that it was optional. I would like to know what process I need to go through to get my SSN redacted from my GFL application.

·
Sledgehammer
4,686 Posts
Re: Finally Issued

M249 said:
When I applied, Cobb had the SSN and employment information and, to my recollection, I was not informed that it was optional. I would like to know what process I need to go through to get my SSN redacted from my GFL application.
Start by asking, preferably in writing, and see what happens.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Finally Issued

M249 said:
According to the lady in question, my GFL was issued on 22AUG07, a mere 71 days after application, and only 11 days late. She said it was mailed today, but I will verify the postmark when it arrives to keep them honest.
Did you get it? I have to believe mail within the county only takes a day. I tried calling for an update today, but just got voicemail. I applied on 6/20. Did she give you the option of picking it up or had it really already been mailed?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
It had not arrived by Saturday.

The Gub'ment Employee in Question said, "It was issued on the 22nd, and it went out in the mail today." (The 24th)

In the real world, that means that it was dropped in the outgoing mail box at the post office on the mentioned date.

In Cobb probate world, it more than likely means it was dropped in the "outgoing GFL" bin, which may or may not be taken to the post office before the next century.

I'll let you know tonight if I receive it.

Oh, and JRM, if you think a lawsuit will ensure that Cobb County learns to follow state law, feel free to PM me. ;)

·
Registered
994 Posts
A friend of mine received his GFL from Cobb today: applied 5/31, issued 8/15, received 8/28.

·
Registered
21 Posts
geaux_tigers said:
A friend of mine received his GFL from Cobb today: applied 5/31, issued 8/15, received 8/28.
I talked to Melinda at Cobb Probate yesterday and she told me I could pick it up. So, I did, this morning. Applied: 6/20, issued 8/28, received 8/28. (yes, you read that right, she even laminated it while I waited).

So, all in all, Cobb exceeded my expectations. They were low expectations, but exceeded none the less.

Also, I really can't say enough how friendly everyone that I talked to there was. I didn't get the, "you're bothering me" vibe at all.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I found most folks to be VERY friendly, and only one person was rude. I have found this to be the case with almost every county employee I have met. In that regard, Cobb County is outstanding.

But, nice or not, the probate court is violating state law, and violating our individual, natural rights. Folks have an inalienable right to defend themselves, and Judge Dodd ought to respect that. The 60 day window is the upper limit, and should not be the "target" or the norm.

I received my GFL yesterday. I'm am extremely happy about that, but I intend to continue to work very hard for GCO until such time is there is no longer a need for GCO.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Rights are violated by requiring a license in the first place, not to mention the obvious 60 day/SSN/employer thing which I think you were referring to.

·
Registered
248 Posts
That's good news that Cobb is issuing faster than the "four months" they told me when I applied last week.

BTW, I did not provide, nor did they ask for my SSN.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
1911packer said:
That's good news that Cobb is issuing faster than the "four months" they told me when I applied last week.

Hmm.... Was it on the application? (Yes, I know it sounds like a dumb question, but I hear some of them fill the form out for you and just ask you the questions).

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
M249 said:
1911packer said:

Hmm.... Was it on the application? (Yes, I know it sounds like a dumb question, but I hear some of them fill the form out for you and just ask you the questions).
Yes, in Bulloch they fill out the form electronically and ask you all the questions. SSN and Employer Info are on there and don't seem to be optional. :oops: That was before I realized it wasn't legally required.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts