21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
larz said:
M249 said:
I've got my ORI information ready.
Is the ORI number GA033000?
I wonder if the Cobb Sheriff sends the request with the Sheriff ORI or with the Probate Court ORI? If it's the Probate's ORI, that means the report skips the Sheriff on the way back and just goes straight to the court? Does anyone have the probate ORI? I'm curious about this because the fingerprint cards came from the court, not the Sheriff.

Also, does anyone know how to check the status of the mental health check? I've seen lots of detail on the GCIC/NCIC query, but I wonder if the DoHR query is a factor in the delay?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
In addition to violating federal law by not informing me that the SSN and employer information on my GFL application was optional, the Cobb Probate Court under Judge Dodd has not issued my license in accordance with Georgia law.

I contacted the GBI, and despite the continuing problems with the computer upgrades, they informed me that my background check was completed 10 days after I applied, on 22 JUN 2007.

I brought none of this up on the conversation with the GA Probate Court, aka The Devil, as this was only my first, but the Devil informed me that I will need to wait four to six months, and the Devil could not tell me what was holding up my license issuance. I was told that I will have to wait for the GBI, FBI, and mental health background checks. I believe they do not use the "waiting on GBI" line because too many people have raised the BS flag.

I'm currently writing my state representative, Don Wix. He voted for HB89, so one can hope that he will assist me with my problem.

Can anyone offer any further suggestions or advice on other avenues to take? Is there any benefit to pursuing legal action?

Regards,
M249

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Yep, mental health checks. Apparently, Judge Dredd... err Dodd, is using every tool at his disposal to deny rights to the residents of Cobb County, and has instructed his minions in the ways of double-talk and avoidance.

Now, I can't complain too much, as there are folks on here who have waited much longer than I, but I intend to make a nuisance of myself.

ETA: Wow! Rep. Wix has already responded to my e-mail, and says he is going to call the probate court tomorrow.

Do I expect anything out of this? No. However, the fact that my Representative is willing to call the probate court on my behalf says a lot about him.

I think Rep. Wix needs to be introduced to GeorgiaCarry.org :)

·
68,118 Posts
M249 said:
I contacted the GBI, and despite the continuing problems with the computer upgrades, they informed me that my background check was completed 10 days after I applied, on 22 JUN 2007.
Bingo!

M249 said:
informed me that I will need to wait four to six months, and the Devil could not tell me what was holding up my license issuance. I was told that I will have to wait for the GBI, FBI, and mental health background checks. I believe they do not use the "waiting on GBI" line because too many people have raised the BS flag.
They learn from being called on their prior lies. The better route in the wake of Moore v. Cranford is not to give out any information that proves that the delay is not "reasonably . . . attributed to the investigative process."

·
68,118 Posts
M249 said:
ETA: Wow! Rep. Wix has already responded to my e-mail, and says he is going to call the probate court tomorrow.

Do I expect anything out of this? No.
Actually, several members have received their licenses within a couple days of Representatives intervening.

·
16,485 Posts
M249 said:

Do I expect anything out of this? No. However, the fact that my Representative is willing to call the probate court on my behalf says a lot about him.

I think Rep. Wix needs to be introduced to GeorgiaCarry.org :)
Don't forget to call and thank him when you receive your GFL!

·
68,118 Posts
Or better yet, take him to lunch! Regardless of how it turns out.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I fully intend to take Rep. Wix to lunch.

I need to figure out who else is district 33, because it would be nice if I could go with a few GCO/GPDO folks who are constituents. This will help encourage his continued support of our inalienable rights.

I'll throw something in OT when I get ready to take him.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
M249 said:
I fully intend to take Rep. Wix to lunch.

I need to figure out who else is district 33, because it would be nice if I could go with a few GCO/GPDO folks who are constituents. This will help encourage his continued support of our inalienable rights.

I'll throw something in OT when I get ready to take him.
I take it your in Cobb Co.? I am in Marietta. Don't know my district though. I'd be intrested in going to lunch if he was my Rep.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
budder said:
How do I find out whom my rep is?
Go to the Georgia Secretary of States site, under the Elections tab. I think you just enter your zip code and you can get your elected officials.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
http://sos.georgia.gov/cgi-bin/Locator.asp

After you enter your information, you'll see your Georgia Senate and House districts. Mine are the same, district 33.

If you click on the senate link, it will send you to a colorful map of all the districts. Find your district and click on it. Here's a link to the districts in the Atlanta metro area: http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2007_08/senate/metromap.htm

If you click on the House link, it will just give you a list of the Reps, and their district.
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2007_08/house/07district.htm

I think it only works if you're registered to vote. If you're in Rep. Wix's district, let me know.

·
16,485 Posts
M249 said:
http://sos.georgia.gov/cgi-bin/Locator.asp

After you enter your information, you'll see your Georgia Senate and House districts. Mine are the same, district 33.

If you click on the senate link, it will send you to a colorful map of all the districts. Find your district and click on it. Here's a link to the districts in the Atlanta metro area: http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2007_08/senate/metromap.htm

If you click on the House link, it will just give you a list of the Reps, and their district.
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2007_08/house/07district.htm

I think it only works if you're registered to vote. If you're in Rep. Wix's district, let me know.
Senate: Nan Orrock - D (36)
House: Joe Wilkinson (52)

I should probably register to vote sometime. I had to use my mom's info.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
21 - 40 of 66 Posts