Cobb County WCL renewal

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by DonT, Apr 11, 2017.

1. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

Started the clock today on my first renewal at Cobb Probate Court. Completed the application this morning, April 11th, 2017. Very quick process, I filled out the complete application, turned it in to the clerk. She took my picture, reviewed my current WCL and DL, then took my $30, gave me a receipt. She told me the new license will be issued in 30 days or less. My current license expires May 13th, I asked if I should get a temp. license, she said I could get one for $1, but that I had plenty of time left to get the new WCL. I elected to not get a temp.

Clock start.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  2. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Interested to see how long it takes. My expires in December, so I will be down there in October to get the renewal going.

3. DonT

Received my renewed license in the mail today, May 4th 2017. Issue date on the license says April 24th. But anyway, it arrived within 30 days, a few days before actually.

Interesting that, unlike drivers license, my WCL number is a new number.

4. Alfadude

Alfadude Active Member

I see on the Cobb county website that you can mail in a notarized application:

Mail your completed, notarized application, along with a copy of your photo ID showing your current Cobb County address, a check or money order made payable to the Cobb County Probate Court in the amount of $30, and a self-addressed stamped envelope (so that your renewal license may be mailed to you) to the following address: Cobb County Probate Court, Attn: License Division, 32 Waddell Street, Marietta, GA 30090.

https://www.cobbcounty.org/courts/p...otarized application,to you) to the following

5. DonT

Good info, thanks for the heads up.

6. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

I do offer free Notary service. Anyone wanting to take a advantage of this PM me. Keep in mind do not sign the documents until you are in front of the Notary be it myself or another Notary.