Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started the clock today on my first renewal at Cobb Probate Court. Completed the application this morning, April 11th, 2017. Very quick process, I filled out the complete application, turned it in to the clerk. She took my picture, reviewed my current WCL and DL, then took my $30, gave me a receipt. She told me the new license will be issued in 30 days or less. My current license expires May 13th, I asked if I should get a temp. license, she said I could get one for $1, but that I had plenty of time left to get the new WCL. I elected to not get a temp.

Clock start.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Started the clock today on my first renewal at Cobb Probate Court. Completed the application this morning, April 11th, 2017. Very quick process, I filled out the complete application, turned it in to the clerk. She took my picture, reviewed my current WCL and DL, then took my $30, gave me a receipt. She told me the new license will be issued in 30 days or less. My current license expires May 13th, I asked if I should get a temp. license, she said I could get one for $1, but that I had plenty of time left to get the new WCL. I elected to not get a temp.

Clock start.
Interested to see how long it takes. My expires in December, so I will be down there in October to get the renewal going.

·
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Received my renewed license in the mail today, May 4th 2017. Issue date on the license says April 24th. But anyway, it arrived within 30 days, a few days before actually.

Interesting that, unlike drivers license, my WCL number is a new number.

·
28 Posts
I see on the Cobb county website that you can mail in a notarized application:

Mail your completed, notarized application, along with a copy of your photo ID showing your current Cobb County address, a check or money order made payable to the Cobb County Probate Court in the amount of $30, and a self-addressed stamped envelope (so that your renewal license may be mailed to you) to the following address: Cobb County Probate Court, Attn: License Division, 32 Waddell Street, Marietta, GA 30090.

https://www.cobbcounty.org/courts/p...otarized application,to you) to the following

·
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see on the Cobb county website that you can mail in a notarized application:

Mail your completed, notarized application, along with a copy of your photo ID showing your current Cobb County address, a check or money order made payable to the Cobb County Probate Court in the amount of $30, and a self-addressed stamped envelope (so that your renewal license may be mailed to you) to the following address: Cobb County Probate Court, Attn: License Division, 32 Waddell Street, Marietta, GA 30090.

https://www.cobbcounty.org/courts/probate-court/weapons-carry-permits#:~:text=Mail your completed, notarized application,to you) to the following
Good info, thanks for the heads up.

·
NRA Instructor
3,391 Posts
I do offer free Notary service. Anyone wanting to take a advantage of this PM me. Keep in mind do not sign the documents until you are in front of the Notary be it myself or another Notary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts