Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
The video in question doesn't fall under an open records request? Or is there a stipulation (like they say) about ongoing investigations. If anything, that should be WHY it needs to be released.

edit: if it was an officer being shot, how long would it take for the video to be released?

·
69,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exception to open records for ongoing criminal investigation.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
For the LEO's sake I hope it was justified. But only time will tell through the investigation. I believe justice will be served and the truth will be told, reguardless of the outcome and which side is at falt. I hope we as a firearm discussion group, don't jump to any conclusions.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
The officer shot when "Jordan, moving his right hand from his pocket gesturing in a threatening manner," one of the police reports says. A witness told WXIA-TV that Wise ordered Jordan to get down before he fired.

What does this mean? He pulled his hands from his pocket, pointed his finger at the cop and made a "pow" noise? I can see moving to his pocket, but from? And no weapon?

If the cops let the officer back on the job July 11, I imagine they are pretty sure he's innocent. Release all the records then. Seems like common sense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts