Cobb County Police Shooting in News

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Aug 14, 2007.

1. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

The video in question doesn't fall under an open records request? Or is there a stipulation (like they say) about ongoing investigations. If anything, that should be WHY it needs to be released.

edit: if it was an officer being shot, how long would it take for the video to be released?

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Exception to open records for ongoing criminal investigation.

3. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

For the LEO's sake I hope it was justified. But only time will tell through the investigation. I believe justice will be served and the truth will be told, reguardless of the outcome and which side is at falt. I hope we as a firearm discussion group, don't jump to any conclusions.

4. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

The officer shot when "Jordan, moving his right hand from his pocket gesturing in a threatening manner," one of the police reports says. A witness told WXIA-TV that Wise ordered Jordan to get down before he fired.

What does this mean? He pulled his hands from his pocket, pointed his finger at the cop and made a "pow" noise? I can see moving to his pocket, but from? And no weapon?

If the cops let the officer back on the job July 11, I imagine they are pretty sure he's innocent. Release all the records then. Seems like common sense.