Cobb County Home based FFL Office

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Daniel8mm, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Daniel8mm

Daniel8mm Member

Hello everyone, yep I voted, thought id reach out and see what input I receive, im going to try and acquire a business license in Cobb County for a "home based ecommerce non inventory style special order firearms FFL office", is there anything else anyone can think of that they would have in opposition I may have to overcome

2. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Wern't you here under another name a few weeks ago?

Nemo

3. Daniel8mm

Daniel8mm Member

nope no I wasn't I was looking on the internet and thread pulled up in the search seems like a great forum

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I really enjoyed working with a so-called "basement FFL holder" who lived in a very nice upscale subdivision in East Cobb back in the 1980s and early 90s.

It was a one-man operation and, as you said, he had no inventory.

Back then things weren't internet-based, but he had a bunch of catalogs from different jobbers or wholesalers, and most of his customers would look at ads in The Shotgun News and then call him and get him to order what they wanted.

He gave up his FFL when the federal government raised the prices to have an FFL, AND on top of that he heard BATF was going to make everybody certify that their business was legal under all the city, county, and state laws, including zoning regulations for residential areas.

I miss his little basement gun store!

5. Daniel8mm

Daniel8mm Member

sounds like a nice place to shop, I wonder about all the arbitrary resistance I might face