Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Cobb County (Kennesaw) have ordinances against teenagers shooting these airsoft guns in woods around subdivisions?
Or is this thing even classified as a "firearm"?
(just looking out for my grandson)
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,176 Posts
736Lawton said:
Does Cobb County (Kennesaw) have ordinances against teenagers shooting these airsoft guns in woods around subdivisions?
Or is this thing even classified as a "firearm"?
(just looking out for my grandson)
Thanks
Lawton,

I won't answer your questions specifically, because you've certainly been around here enough to know how and where to find the answers for yourself.

My non-legal/official answer is your grandson is good to go (as is mine).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
livesounder said:
736Lawton said:
Does Cobb County (Kennesaw) have ordinances against teenagers shooting these airsoft guns in woods around subdivisions?
Or is this thing even classified as a "firearm"?
(just looking out for my grandson)
Thanks
Lawton,
I won't answer your questions specifically, because you've certainly been around here enough to know how and where to find the answers for yourself.
My non-legal/official answer is your grandson is good to go (as is mine).
Thank you for your non-legal/official answer. You did good.
As for your other snotty comment....you can just guess where you should file that one.
(so I made a mistake and posted in the wrong place...GAWD, just get a gun and shoot me for that horrible blunder)
pathetic...just pathetic. :screwy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
736Lawton said:
livesounder said:
736Lawton said:
Does Cobb County (Kennesaw) have ordinances against teenagers shooting these airsoft guns in woods around subdivisions?
Or is this thing even classified as a "firearm"?
(just looking out for my grandson)
Thanks
Lawton,
I won't answer your questions specifically, because you've certainly been around here enough to know how and where to find the answers for yourself.
My non-legal/official answer is your grandson is good to go (as is mine).
Thank you for your non-legal/official answer. You did good.
As for your other snotty comment....you can just guess where you should file that one.
(so I made a mistake and posted in the wrong place...GAWD, just get a gun and shoot me for that horrible blunder)
pathetic...just pathetic. :screwy:
This is why more and more people don't come back to GPDO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
RedDawnTheMusical said:
736Lawton said:
As for your other snotty comment....you can just guess where you should file that one.
:rotfl2:
that was funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
Joined
·
28,090 Posts
Check Municode.com.
If I recall correctly from what I read other Cobb backyard plinkers have written here, it's legal to shoot in unincorporated Cobb, so long as you have a safe backstop so the projectile stays on your own property.
With Air-Soft, that would probably only require 50 yards of distance and/or some light vegitation to knock down the little plastic pellets.

City of Kennesaw? Check MuniCode or call City Hall. They might have stricter rules than in unincorporated Cobb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,051 Posts
From municode for cobb county:

Sec. 86-5. - Weapons discharge.

(a)

It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge a firearm, air rifle, pellet gun, slingshot, crossbow or other similar device into or over property belonging to another person or entity without first obtaining written permission from that person or entity.

(b)

In addition to the penalty provided for in section 86-1, if the person charged with violating this ordinance is a minor, it will be within the discretion of the officer issuing the citation to issue a warning. If this is done, a duplicate of the warning will be sent to the minor's parents or legal guardian by certified mail.

(c)

The provisions of this section shall not apply to:

(1)

Persons who discharge one of these devices in defense of person or property;

(2)

Law enforcement officers in the performance of official duties;

(3)

Military forces of this state or the United States in the performance of official duties.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,176 Posts
736Lawton said:
As for your other snotty comment....you can just guess where you should file that one.
(so I made a mistake and posted in the wrong place...GAWD, just get a gun and shoot me for that horrible blunder)
pathetic...just pathetic. :screwy:
Y'know what jerkwad?

I am one of the few people that have defended you on this forum (you can look it up if you care).

No more.

Bite me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jlcnuke said:
From municode for cobb county:

Sec. 86-5. - Weapons discharge.

(a)

It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge a firearm, air rifle, pellet gun, slingshot, crossbow or other similar device into or over property belonging to another person or entity without first obtaining written permission from that person or entity.

(b)

In addition to the penalty provided for in section 86-1, if the person charged with violating this ordinance is a minor, it will be within the discretion of the officer issuing the citation to issue a warning. If this is done, a duplicate of the warning will be sent to the minor's parents or legal guardian by certified mail.

(c)

The provisions of this section shall not apply to:

(1)

Persons who discharge one of these devices in defense of person or property;

(2)

Law enforcement officers in the performance of official duties;

(3)

Military forces of this state or the United States in the performance of official duties.
Excellent information, sir.
I like a person who deals in facts and not emotional bs.
That settles the issue for me. my son, and grandson.
Regards,
Lawton
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
livesounder said:
736Lawton said:
As for your other snotty comment....you can just guess where you should file that one.
(so I made a mistake and posted in the wrong place...GAWD, just get a gun and shoot me for that horrible blunder)
pathetic...just pathetic. :screwy:
Y'know what jerkwad?
I am one of the few people that have defended you on this forum (you can look it up if you care).
No more.
Bite me.
Thank you for not defending me anymore. :love:
Now, you are dismissed.
:lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
livesounder said:
736Lawton said:
Does Cobb County (Kennesaw) have ordinances against teenagers shooting these airsoft guns in woods around subdivisions?
Or is this thing even classified as a "firearm"?
(just looking out for my grandson)
Thanks
Lawton,

I won't answer your questions specifically, because you've certainly been around here enough to know how and where to find the answers for yourself.

My non-legal/official answer is your grandson is good to go (as is mine).
I might be wrong, but isn't this a forum to ask questions and recieve information about gun laws in the great state of Georgia? And shouldn't people who ask legitimate questions recieve legitimate answers, and not attitude? Just a question.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top