Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh yeah... i guess folks are looking for more detail about it.

I went in January 24, 2011 filled out the form, went downstairs for fingerprinting... left and waited 16 days to receive it.

I was in and out of the courthouse within 20 minutes and everyone was great, professional, friendly!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I went in yesterday to get my renewal, very professional and very quick. Mine expires on the 11th of next month, they told me I did not need a temporary since it should get it before my old one expires. I said thanks but Ill fork over the extra buck to be safe especially after waiting 90 days the first time around. She told me no problem, gave me the temporary then said you should receive your permit in the mail between 30 and 45 days. I was going to say what happened to getting it before the old one expires . I said thanks and left. good thing I got the temporary :)

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
N.T.F.S., they must've been looking real hard at your background.... mine took 22 days, and my mother's took less than 20 days. My father and brother's went through in less than 30 days as well (don't remember the exact count).

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Quest50 said:
N.T.F.S., they must've been looking real hard at your background.... mine took 22 days, and my mother's took less than 20 days. My father and brother's went through in less than 30 days as well (don't remember the exact count).
Quest50, When it took 90 days which was pretty much SOP, that was 5 years ago. GCO has done quite a bit since then :righton:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts