Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They could have avoided shooting him, I suppose, by telling him he was at the wrong government office? :lol:

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Both senators were certain that security at the Capitol security would become part of the political debate next session. They said that after Sept. 11, 2001, metal detectors were placed in the Capitol, but were removed after about a year when members of the House and Senate decided they were not necessary.

Sen. Nancy Spence, R-Centennial, said it is the first time she is aware of any security breach during her nine years at the Capitol. She said she would not seek security changes, in terms of installing metal detectors at the doors: "It would really make me sad if we had to shut down buildings."

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GAGunOwner said:
Is this an off-limits area to open carry without a license or concealed carry with a license?
In Colorado, the only places off limits are the federal restrictions (of course) and k-12 public schools, and publicly owned buildings with metal detectors in use full time and storage where one can pick up and drop off a weapon.

The Capitol has no metal detectors, so it is not off limits to carry.

Not that this wack job was necessarily legal to carry.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
Is this an off-limits area to open carry without a license or concealed carry with a license?
http://cbi.state.co.us/ic/statutes/18-12-214.htm

(4) A permit issued pursuant to this part 2 does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun into a public building at which:

(a) Security personnel and electronic weapons screening devices are permanently in place at each entrance to the building;

(b) Security personnel electronically screen each person who enters the building to determine whether the person is carrying a weapon of any kind; and

(c) Security personnel require each person who is carrying a weapon of any kind to leave the weapon in possession of security personnel while the person is in the building.
There USED to be metal detectors, right? But, I guess the guards at the place suffice to make it an off limits place? (edit: nevermind on this last part...stupid AND was in there..plus it has to be electronic detection equipment from what i'm reading.)

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ritter said Capitol security would be temporarily stepped up while lawmakers and others discuss any permanent changes. Starting Tuesday, all visitors will be required to enter through a single entrance and pass through a metal detector, he said. It wasn't clear how long that requirement would be in place.
Democrat Governor, Democrat legislature, it is only a matter of time . . .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.