Co: BB Gun on Campus Results in Disorderly Conduct Charge

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jun 7, 2007.

1. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

I panicked just a little bit by just reading that a pellet gun was on campus.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Interestingly, there has been quite a bit of discussion over the years about whether open carry in Colorado will result in a disorderly conduct charge (Colorado is a gold star open carry state).

3. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

What the H&LL is going on?!
    BB guns, rubber band guns....
    I guess water pistols will be next.

Oh what a long long way we have fallen from the days when no one would say anything about a kid riding a bike down the road with a .22 across the handlebars while he was heading to his favorite squirrel hunting woods... Just pathetic. I guess I better just go ahead & start saving moeny for legal defense now cause my kid will be out shooting & hunting & fishing no matter what the area panty waists think.

When the Russians invade and everyone has to take to the wilds MY offspring will be able to provide food & shelter for themselves. :wink:

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Homework assignment!

Is this legal or illegal in Georgia?

Start here

5. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Short version. Yes.
    A kid with a rifle riding up the road itself is not illegal.

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I thought there was something that said you couldn't cross someone else's property without their permission with a firearm, or maybe that just applied to handguns. I don't remember right this second.