CNN's Gary Tuchman goes to a shooting range...

Discussion in 'In the News' started by GlockGary, Mar 5, 2018.

1. GlockGary

GlockGary Glock Block Supporter

The so-called 'Lt. General' makes statements like 'in my opinion you need a whole lot of training to use this weapon" and "if I wanted to fire this on full semi-automatic all I have to do is keep firing", I think the first statement just ratchets up the fear factor and the second is going to cause a lot of confusion with people not familiar with guns.

2. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

He will probably not even hit the target in fully simi automatic.

3. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

Is fully simi automatic the new transmissions in cars that you shift without a clutch?

4. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

I have a question. Seems the USArmy knows things that the Corps doesn't teach like "Full Semi-Automatic". Can someone with inside knowledge please tell me what that is exactly?

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I think he meant that he was going to fully utilize the semi-auto action to achieve the highest possible rate of fire for his trigger finger muscles.

6. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Retired Lieutenant General Mark Hertling is either a "full semi-automatic" idiot, or he is suffering from dementia.

Since June of 2014, he has been on CNN's payroll as a so-called "expert".

CNN might think about getting a real expert instead of wasting their money. But Fake News will be Fake News.

7. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

I like the ?FACT? that the AR15 is the precursor to the M4.

8. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

He stated it like it was another mode of fire. It isn't. It's still just one shot per one pull of the trigger.

9. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Heck, my 10/22 generates a faster rate of fire. Oh no! It's a semi-auto, black, has a flash suppressor, is threaded, my G*d I do own an Assault Rifle! The shame.
    [​IMG]

10. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Modern Army recruit training video?

GlockGary likes this.
  11. GlockGary

GlockGary Glock Block Supporter

New / Improved version:

UtiPossidetis likes this.
  12. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

So if you have a single action revolver and you fan the hammer while holding down the trigger does that make it a machine gun? Multiple shots with a single function of the trigger.

13. 1911er

1911er New Member

14. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

And takes those high capacity assault rifle magazines!! Be careful, it might go libtard on you and kill your entire neighborhood.

Well, get 1 or 2 and shoot 300 times. Thats what libtards do.

Nemo

15. Wheedle

Wheedle Active Member

In today's army (according to my retired Colonel father-in-law, a retired Colonel friend, my brother-in-law who got out as a Captain, many other officers I've known, and what has been apparent to my outsider eyes ) pretty much anything beyond Captain is more politics and less soldiering the further up you go.