CNN tonight 8pm EST

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Rammstein, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

The Second Amendment Club from the University of Utah will appear on CNN's Paula Zahn NOW Monday, April 23th at 8ET, 5PT. The State Supreme Court of Utah has upheld the rights of students to carry on college campuses in Utah. Our friends at the Univ. of Utah will show the world that fears of students carrying on campus are unfounded and students in many states already carry responsibly on their campuses every day.

Info care of http://concealedcampus.org/

Set your Tivos

2. Foul

Foul New Member

Might have to look at this one...
    Of course, CNN isn't very well known for being anything pro-liberty, especially firearms.

3. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Should be fun watching Paula try to discount their club and why they carry. I'll be amazed if she keeps her yap shut.

Thanks for the heads-up.

4. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

CNN :shakehead:

15 minute warning. Let's see if that ditz can keep her usual liberal bias out of it.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

BUMP!

it is about to start on the CCW story.

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

7. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Classic CNN ambush... Hupp isn't taking any :censored: either!

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

answer, no Zahn cannot keep her big mouth shut

9. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Worthless all around. Paula Zahn sucked. Our gal from Luby's really didn't do that well either. I loved how they showed the guys from college in Utah with their EBR's at the range. At least they were nice enough to throw in a handicapped gentleman to make it look as if they were being fair for those who carry for self-defense.

The anti-gunner at the end got the last word, of course... and threw out the same crappy made up, baseless statistics... "More people die due to firearms in states with relaxed gun laws than do in those with strict gun control"

I hate CNN!

Runs for remote.

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

That was the quote I loved. If that quote is true, then why are the murder by gn rates so high in NYC and Washington DC?

11. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Well that could technically be true, just depends on how loosely you interpret it. Like a math problem...
    if children = 18-21 year olds
    then states with relaxed gun laws = the total of all gun related deaths (including suicide) for 40 (+ or - 2) states.
    And states with strict gun control = the total of all gun related deaths (including suicide) for 10 (+ or - 2) states.
    So.. the total of all gun related deaths (including suicide) for 40 (+ or - 2) states is greater than the total of all gun related deaths (including suicide) for 10 (+ or - 2) states.

I can get you any results you like, as long as it is phrased a certain way.

Notice that all it was is a soundbite, it sounds good but is vauge and misleading.

Glenn Beck is the only thing keeping me from agreeing with you.

Already had it in hand (surprised my thumb did not hit the button while watching... it has done it before).

12. Foul

Foul New Member

Looks like Georgia Power picked a good time to present me with a power outage...just in time to miss the drivel.

13. qre2457

qre2457 New Member

It is very unwise for a person or group to do an interview like this on an "anti" network. The network decides how to spin the interview, who gets to speak, and especially who gets to speak last. In the end, you can end up hurting your position more than helping it if you are not careful.

But that is just my opinion.