Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else watching it? Even the Libertarian party leader in Georgia said what they say here may make the difference between him voting or not.

It's on right now

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
I was impressed with both of them. I liked his answer for the Bernie supporter.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was impressed with both of them. I liked his answer for the Bernie supporter.
I did too, he was honest, but he wasn't blowing too much smoke, he and Bernie disagree on the state's role in economics. Programs, regulation, taxes. They do agree on a lot which isn't a bad thing.

Bernie supporters have and should vote for Gary over Hillary, especially after the dirty way they stole the nomination.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How funny is it that's is up to CNN, the Clinton News Network to post a libertarian Townhall. It would be nice if Fox News would also do one to catch displaced Republicans who are not crazy about Trump. Obviously, some Bernie supporters could have seen this on CNN.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CM, here is the first CNN libertarian Townhall:

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
I did too, he was honest, but he wasn't blowing too much smoke, he and Bernie disagree on the state's role in economics. Programs, regulation, taxes. They do agree on a lot which isn't a bad thing.

Bernie supporters have and should vote for Gary over Hillary, especially after the dirty way they stole the nomination.
I would hope that most would move over to Johnson Weld, but I have a feeling the vast majority of NeverHillary voters will head to Jill Stein. That's where my wife is. But that said, she did like the townhall last night. Apparently CNN is having another townhall with Stein in a couple of weeks.

·
PawPaw x 3
8,759 Posts
Speaking to a Black Lives Matter protestor and registered Democrat who was shot in the leg during a march, Johnson said, “What it has done for me is that my head has been in the sand on this,†Johnson said. “I think that we’ve all had our heads in the sand and lets wake up. Discrimination does exist, has existed, and for me personally, um, slap, slap, wake up.â€
Read more at http://redalertpolitics.com/2016/08/04/gary-johnson-endorses-blacklivesmatter/#FPBUKH3BAUTFluql.99

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
PawPaw x 3
8,759 Posts
Thanks for the video. As I was watching it I just jotted down notes reflecting the immediate thoughts his words inspired.

He is consistent with many others when he apparently fails to acknowledge the difference between legal and illegal immigration.
Johnson did not give specifics on how he would keep Americans safe. He did say they had a lead among some military folk. Weld did say he would create another taskforce within the FBI. Is this an acknowledgement that we need more and bigger than we have now? “These things are going to happenâ€. So therefore it makes sense to allow anyone and everyone into America who says they are not going to do us harm and who wants to come in. Unfettered immigration because we know that vetting as many as want to currently come here and those that will want to come in during their utopian tenure will create a bigger government. Maybe do not vet anyone who wishes to come in. What is their stance on vetting immigrants?
I agree with Johnson that we should have term limits.
I agree with Johnson Weld on the reduced activity proposals of America and our soldiers on foreign soil. I believe in noninterventionism.
Johnson referred to “original intentâ€. I am not completely sure I understand what was meant there. It is my impression, from the limited, compared to Constitutional scholars, studying that I have done, that original intent is really nonexistent insomuch that the original framers were an arguing bunch that disagreed on many aspects of the proposed government. I am more comfortable with Trump’s list of possible Supreme Court Justices. Again this is based on my current limited knowledge of both all the proposed judges and the concept of original intent.
“Current law is they have to sale the cakeâ€. He does not recognize the seller’s rights. Period.
I agree with him that it would be helpful if he were to be allowed in the debates. He and Hillary will be given softballs even by FOX hosts as evidenced by Wallace’s recent interview of Hillary Clinton. Big business and establishment Republicans and Dimocrats alike like what Hillary and Johnson are selling far and above what Trump is selling.
All drugs should be completely legal for anyone except juveniles. Juveniles should have access to medical marijuana and/or other currently illegal substances that may relieve symptoms and/or cure diseases if their parents wish.
Department of Education should be eliminated. I also agree that States and local governments should increase vocational training. Federal government should be out of education.
Speaking to the idea of young black males. He again, like many others point to not enough intervention by the government to fix the many problems that exist in that community. He did not say that it was a lack of control within the black community, the destruction of the traditional American values and other factors that cause it. Again, it is the blatant discrimination against blacks that cause all of black’s problems. It is not enough that education is free. It is not enough that their food is free. It is not enough that millions if not billions are spent on providing after school activities for poor “underprivileged†children. Bigger government and more taxpayer money thrown down a hole. Maybe he is for across the board reparations.
Prostitution should be legalized.
A great concern I have is that if Johnson were to take office and bills were passed that would allow open borders, everyone come in, and lets reward illegal immigrants like they propose he would sign it. I do not believe that a bill would be passed that would reduce the handouts to anyone, particularly what would then be “legal†immigrants and the newly pardoned illegals that want all the free handouts they are currently receiving

1 - 20 of 85 Posts