CLP? Or something else?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Aleksfoxtrot, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Aleksfoxtrot

Aleksfoxtrot Active Member

No this isn't a what lube do you use thread. Lord in Glory knows there's enough of those. Lol.
    Can't find any specs on this stuff. I'm guessing it's just CLP. found it at work cleaning up some boxes of junk.
    What do y'all think? CLP or something else?

Attached Files:

2. ber950

ber950 Active Member

It could be anything, from liberal tears to canola oil. No way to know. I have a small bottle of oil that came with my hair clippers. In a pinch I would use it on my guns.

3. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

I'm not sure what it is but it's been around for a very long time. I have used it in my RamSets for more than 40 years. It's sold under a lot of different brand names. Paslode (RamSet), Hilti, Simpson, Remington and DuoFast to name a few. If it's any relation to CLP then more than likely CLP is it rather than the other way around. It does work great in firearms as well. Much less expensive than gun oil.

4. Aleksfoxtrot

It's not canola oil (fireclean lol), I have some of that. That snake bit me a few years ago. This stuff is actually petrol based. I just says highly flammable on the bottle so I wasn't sure of it would burn off. I forgot to take it home and compare it to CLP.

5. Aleksfoxtrot

I couldn't find any for sell online less than 10$. 10$ seems high as crap for 4oz of "CLP". I'll look under the other names you mentioned.
    Also it does seem to smell stronger than CLP so that's probably a good thing. But I haven't don't a side by side comparison.