Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

close

1K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  bearpugh 
#1 ·
close

#10 ·
Re: need an inexpensive carry gun

I will have to tell you that I had a Hi-Point and it may not of been the best looking/light gun however it shot well and accurate and Hi-Point is very good on customer service and backing the product. It is a gun you need to try before you buy into the negative. Judge for yourself first. Oh and for the cheap price you really cannot beat it.

#11 ·

Don't get in a hurry! I'm sure you have some long-guns at home. Many of us would be willing to loan a piece until you get back on your feet. I have a Taurus Slim 709, but you're a little far away.

#15 ·

Ga_Regul8r said:
CountryGun said:
Don't get in a hurry! I'm sure you have some long-guns at home. Many of us would be willing to loan a piece until you get back on your feet. I have a Taurus Slim 709, but you're a little far away.
Now THAT is a friend! :righton:
good folks here. and i've never even met him. very kind. i have a loaner 357 for now. if necessary i'll go to adv. out doors and buy a new kel tec. just seeing if some here need some xmas money 1st.

#16 ·

CountryGun said:
I, recently, loaned another forum member a gun while he is in a jamb.
+1 to the good folks on here. Some of the best.

#17 ·

CDNN.com: $247.17 shipped, or less, for a Kel-tec PF-9. Ship it to an FFL without a transfer fee, such as Cherokee Gun and Pawn. I see no reason to go under 9mm/.38 in caliber. Since shooting and carrying my PF-9, the bar's height is raised, as far as I'm concerned. You get three for one PF-9s to Kahr PM-9s, and it's just as accurate, and more reliable from my experience.

#18 ·

theduke1997 said:
I will have to tell you that I had a Hi-Point and it may not of been the best looking/light gun however it shot well and accurate and Hi-Point is very good on customer service and backing the product. It is a gun you need to try before you buy into the negative. Judge for yourself first. Oh and for the cheap price you really cannot beat it.
My wife thought she was doing me a favor and bought a Hi-Point 40. I wanted to throw it away, but luckily I shot it first and didn't buy into all the things I've read over the years.
That thing has shot everything I've put in it! Even ammo my former USP and current XD didn't like. It will never win a beauty contest and when the magazines are new, they are crap. After breaking them in, the gun is nice. In the end, I have a very cheap, very reliable gun that cost about the same as my new arrow rest for my bow.

***EDIT***
The only thing I really don't like is that they have a proprietary mount system that needs an adapter to fit anything on it. Dumb, dumb, dumb, IMHO.

#20 ·

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/198/products_id/51921

European American Armory Model 88 Zastava Pistol is lightweight and compact. Also featuring snag free design. Ambidextrous recurved thumb rest. Combat trigger. 9mm.

Type Pistol
Action Single / Double
Caliber 9 mm
Barrel Length 3.6"
Capacity 8 + 1
Safety Firing Pin Block
Grips Polymer
Sights Adjustable
Weight 28 oz
Finish Blue

#24 ·

bearpugh said:
prefer to buy on the boards. don't like shipping mess or buying a gun i haven't handled. thanks tho.
Man! If you weren't on the other side of Atlanta, I'd meet you half way. You could choose between the Taurus and the Redhawk .44 mag. :wink:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.