Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today, my wife finally said "i want to get my carry license". i am very happy about this. my wife finally "gets it". i told her i would pay for every dime of it, and even buy her any new gun she wanted. she said "i dont want a new gun, i want to carry your judge".

woot for my wife!! :mrgreen: :righton:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Re: my wife finally said it today.........

308sniper said:
today, my wife finally said "i want to get my carry license". i am very happy about this. my wife finally "gets it". i told her i would pay for every dime of it, and even buy her any new gun she wanted. she said "i dont want a new gun, i want to carry your judge".

Will she talk to my wife?
I want your Judge too.... so how bout it?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

4HorseShoes said:
I want your Judge too.... so how bout it?
ermmm... no. :sly:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts

Awesome, man! Its a great feeling! I know it was a great feeling when my wife finally said it. I paid for every dime of her GWL as well. It was a stretch b/c money is tight. Wish we didn't have to buy one anyway, unless we wanted it for reciprocity or for Federal laws, like the 1,000 ft rule.

Congrats! :cheers: :drink: :righton:

·
Registered
5,215 Posts

308sniper said:
she said "i dont want a new gun, i want to carry your judge".
BEWARE: This is how it starts. Seems innocent enough but soon "your judge" will be "HER judge". Trust me, I've lost two good pistols and a rifle this way! I even broke down and bought her a Kimber, but she still claims the others. :help:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts

USMC - Retired said:
308sniper said:
she said "i dont want a new gun, i want to carry your judge".
BEWARE: This is how it starts. Seems innocent enough but soon "your judge" will be "HER judge". Trust me, I've lost two good pistols and a rifle this way! I even broke down and bought her a Kimber, but she still claims the others. :help:
That's a problem I would like to have. My wife is always telling me NOT to buy more guns, if she started to take over my guns, I could then go out and buy more of them. :-k

:D :righton:

·
Registered
408 Posts

308sniper said:

woot for your wife indeedy...in all honesty, what was it that finally made her want to carry? something go bump in the night? news story? i would love for my wife to carry, but, unfortunately, i think something will have to happen to someone near and dear to her before she considers it. my "preparedness rhetoric" has about as much effect as my opinions on paint swatches.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

drvr8 said:
308sniper said:

woot for your wife indeedy...in all honesty, what was it that finally made her want to carry? something go bump in the night? news story? i would love for my wife to carry, but, unfortunately, i think something will have to happen to someone near and dear to her before she considers it. my "preparedness rhetoric" has about as much effect as my opinions on paint swatches.
it was her thick skull giving way and her finally realizing that it CAN happen to her.

·
Registered
408 Posts

308sniper said:
drvr8 said:
308sniper said:

it was her thick skull giving way and her finally realizing that it CAN happen to her.
hmmm...please send some luck my way.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts

drvr8 said:
308sniper said:
drvr8 said:
308sniper said:

hmmm...please send some luck my way.
Yeah send some my way too. I don't think my wife will ever carry. In fact, I am quite sure of it. I hope I am wrong. According to her that happens quite frequently so who knows? :lol:

·
Banned
2,559 Posts

Congratulations!!! That's sort of how my wife snuck it up on me too. She had went a few gun shows with me but I never found a good deal. Then one day we were at Bass Pro looking for 380 ammo. They didn't have any so we just started browsing the gun case. I saw a Sig P228 that I just fell in love with. I told her that it would be the perfect gun for her. To my surprise, she agreed to try it out at the gun range if I would take her. At the gun range, she didn't like it and that I could have it for my own. That tricky little girl had all along wanted me to have it when I first saw it at the store. So next time at the gun show she let me by her a gun that she carries. But now I'm sort of confused because when I find more guns that I want/need, she says no, I have enough guns and I just need more ammo....go figure...anyways, congrats again....

·
Registered
408 Posts

MyFred said:
But now I'm sort of confused because when I find more guns that I want/need, she says no, I have enough guns and I just need more ammo....go figure...anyways, congrats again....
:ditto:

·
Registered
8,421 Posts

:woohoo:

On the gun thing? You've lost the Judge and that is just the start. :shattered:
My wife wanted to know if she could get more range time with my 45 -- the his and hers P7s became hers and hers P7s.

The only deterrent at present involves extremely loud reports, bright flashes, and substantial man-tear-creating recoil.
I used to think weight alone would suffice. That didn't last long.

Oh well, I guess the next logical step is to get her playing with shotties, EBRs, or NFA items. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

the clock is ticking in candler county. my wife applied yesterday, lets see how this goes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts