Clerk shot at Savannah Gun Store

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by phantoms, Nov 27, 2010.

1. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

According to the WTOC local news, a clerk was shot at Mission Essential in Savannah by accident. According to the story, a customer was trying to clear his loaded gun when it went off and fired through a display case striking the clerk in the hip. the clerk was taken to the hospital and is reportedly in good condition

2. patrick4588

patrick4588 New Member

Smh. Loaded firearms stay holstered.

3. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

Sounds like some stupid thing that would happen at a "Shooters" with thier lame policy :screwy:

4. Suprman

Suprman New Member

or adventure outdoors.

5. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

:shock: Wow...I stopped in both stores today. I wish the injured party a speedy recovery.

6. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

I still can't believe this stuff happens. Zookeper and I were at the GCO table and this fellow just has to show his gun to us. It was zip tied, but we still didn't like looking down the barrel of it. Zoo said later he felt a little better seeing the zip tie......just a little.....

7. Neener Neener

Neener Neener New Member

Couldn't find it on their site. Do you have a link?

8. samman23

samman23 New Member

It makes me uneasy when I see the amount of holes in the "dividers" between lanes at indoor shooting ranges.

9. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

They just put up a short piece on it: http://www.wtoc.com/global/story.asp?s=13576147

By the story it seems to me if he had just kept it holstered, there wouldn't have been any problems. I know at one time ME said no loaded carry weapons in the store and this changed after a chat with Justin. Now that it's a new owner it may have changed back. Can anyone confirm if they ask customers not to carry in the store?

10. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

:roll: :evil:

Great... the only gun range actually in the city of Savannah and some D-bag who couldn't safely clear his own weapon has possibly started the process toward helping get the place shut down. :censored: :banghead:

I hope the clerk is gonna fully recover.

Would an incident like this be grounds for a person to have their GFL/GWL revoked?

11. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

Even Nick's Guns has changed their policy to allow carry in their store. I asked one of the sales associates about it and they explained that they had a customer put a round into their leg while unloading in their vehicle.

12. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Even if the gun went off, why on Earth was it pointed in the direction of a human being?

13. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

1) Why do you assume that the person had a GWL?

2) I would say no unless the person was charged with something pretty serious that would allow the person's GWL to be revoked.

14. WGTactical

WGTactical Member

Prolly because the 2A doesn't have any kind of a competency clause :lol: Seems that's becoming the popular short answer anyway :screwy:

15. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

I asked if an incident 'like this', not this actual incident.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if this idiot did in fact have a GFL/GWL. If he walked into ME, ( let alone any other establishment ) with a loaded weapon and didn't have a GFL/GWL, wouldn't he be breaking the law once he left his vehicle?

Now, it's also entirely possible that this person may not have a GFL/GWL. In that case, this person should've unloaded and cleared his weapon in his vehicle prior to bringing it into the store.

16. mathar1

mathar1 New Member

I thought ME didn't allow ANY loaded weapons in the store? NOW more people can see why we gun store employees get wigged out with people HANDLING guns in the store. If you are carrying then leave it in the damn holster!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

17. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

Imagine that! :popcorn:

18. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

It better not. The 2A Doesn't say you don't have the right to bear arms unless your stupid!

19. Savvy Jack

Savvy Jack Banned

Rules
    #1 NEVER POINT A FIREARM AT ANYONE OR IN ANY DIRECTION OF SOMEONE or the unknown unless you plan on shooting someone, even yourself.
    #2 Keep you finger off the trigger and out of the trigger guard unless you are shooting.
    #3 More people are killed or injured from unloaded guns!

NO ONE WILL EVER GET SHOT IF YOU FOLLOW RULE #1 & #2