Clear message for carjackers

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by jgullock, Nov 2, 2007.

1. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

:D Check out the comments at the link.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/20 ... arjackers/

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

i dont see the link

3. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Oops. :oops: Soooorrrrryyyyy!!!

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'm glad I left Memphis when I did, and wish my family would leave. When I was there last the Mayor was giving his victory speach on the news, talking about the power of "his black community", and about the "rich, white, devils living in Germantown". He had even skipped all of the debates prior to the election, saying that his people would not let the white minority vote him out of office.

5. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I wonder if him and Nagin down in N.O. are friends ?

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

He makes Bill Cambell look like a saint. When he used to be the city school superintendent the federal investigator that said he was not guilty of corruption was arrest himself and charged with taking bribes. They couldn't get charges against Harrington to stick though.

Under his reign as mayor, Memphis has gone from a nice place to live to being the most violent city in the country.

7. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I agree with the one comment, it's too bad the guy didn't get a better shot at the punk-ass thug and save the taxpayers the cost of a trial and incarceration.

:pistol:

8. SigP229

SigP229 Active Member

(I think I'll have a t-shirt made up, how about "Give a thug a slug"!)

I thought this one was pretty 8)

9. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(breathe)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Oooooh Sig!!!

AH LUV ID !!!!!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:exactly:

11. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Is it just me or does no one else see a problem here?
    I understand Grey's feelings and I won't say I wouldn't do something similar had the BG actually hurt my mother/spouse/child/whatever but doing this over a stolen car is a bit much even if a carjacking wave is going on in the area.

I don't know the details from the story, maybe Grey safely followed until the BG was in a place where car 2 car shooting was "safe". Out in the middle of northeast bumbleF or something. I don't know. Chasing the BG's through the public streets over stolen property with the potential for gunfire exchange is the leo's job. Not mine.

just my,
    :2cents:

12. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Hey Tinker,

I think this comment got my attention the most. It sums up the difference between us and them.

"licensed firearms will be used in a responsible manner that doesn't endanger the public."

But unlicensed guns will be pointed at the heads of 71-year-old women? "

I don't know all the details and this guy Grey may very well be a significant danger to the community; just as bad as the carjacker.

But, if some thug puts a shotgun to MY mom's head and steals her car and I can follow him, I will.

And, if I can shoot his ass, I will.

Maybe that's what happened and maybe that's the thought process behind it.

Maybe not.

As mentioned, we really don't know all the details, but until I hear something to the effect Grey put others in danger by his actions, I'm on his side.

Maybe the guy overreacted. Maybe he badly overreacted. As he doesn't seem to be facing any charges, I'm gonna assume that wasn't the case. Whatever, it's fortunate that things seem to have worked out OK.

:?

13. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Well, like I said, I won't say I wouldn't do something similar.
    No one smacks my mom around but me!

(Of course I'm JUST KIDDING)

14. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Its okay Tink, we all know your momma slaps you silly like a rotten step child! :lol: Mine still slaps my A$$ around!

15. Macktee

Macktee New Member

My mom is 94 and she has no problem...

No problem at all...

Putting me in my place whenever she feels the need...

:bat:

16. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

I'm guessing your mom musta been a child bride. She couldn't have been more than 15 or 16 when you were born. :shock:

17. SigP229

SigP229 Active Member

:popcorn:

18. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I think Macktee was speaking in millions of years and not just thousands. It's his mom, after all.

19. moga

moga New Member

:idea:

Maybe he should have performed a P.I.T. maneuver instead of opening fire in order to terminate the suspect's escape. Then he would have faced a moving violation instead of a possible grand jury indictment.

:twisted:

20. merlock

merlock Active Member

:lol: