clayton county

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by smith&wesson40, Jun 14, 2007.

1. smith&wesson40

smith&wesson40 New Member

well last sat.had wreck in my truck pretty bad befor the wreck i had my firearm on my hip on the way home from work noticed i needed gas pulled in to the gas pump but before i got out i took my fiream off my side but still in the hip holester stuck it between my seat( i have a f-150)after everything was said and the officer said i was not allowed to carry like that i either had to have it on my person or in the glove box i told i had my GFL and he said it didn't matter ! now don't get me wrong the officer was being very nice not being hatefull ! he did take my firearm till i got ready to leave the sceen he then gave it back

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Well, he is wrong, but he did not arrest you.

Sorry about your truck.

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Specifically, 16-11-126(d) the very last bit...

4. smith&wesson40

smith&wesson40 New Member

no arrest just warned me that even though i had a permit i could not have it between my seat!!but he said he would check and make sure that was true! he gave me his card to call him so i think i will call him !!

5. Malum Prohibitum

Better yet, write him a short note thanking him for being polite and helping you at the accident scene, then tell him what 126 says, and enclose a copy from this web site, highlighting the language quoted above.

All firearms code sections in Georgia are available right here on this site by clicking on the yellow tab, above, Gun Laws. Then click on Weapon Related Ga Code.

6. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

No reason for that.

7. Malum Prohibitum

No way to physically resist it, either.

8. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

No way to physically resist it, either.[/quote:19mu9e2l]

Also no way to physically resist temporary confiscation of a Bible, a computer, or a file containing attorney-client communications. As long as we are abandoning the 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendments for some vague concept of officer safety, we may as well throw the 1st and 6th out as well.
    :shock:

9. Malum Prohibitum

I think if Officer Rammstein attempted to seize your Bible for the duration of the accident investigation, and you physically resisted the seizure, you would probably be on safe legal ground.

I cannot with confidence say the same thing for the gun.

10. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

And that is very sad indeed. :(

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

:roll:

12. Axeman

Axeman New Member

Also no way to physically resist temporary confiscation of a Bible, a computer, or a file containing attorney-client communications. As long as we are abandoning the 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendments for some vague concept of officer safety, we may as well throw the 1st and 6th out as well.
    :shock:[/quote:1f1jul49]

All those other amendments depend on the 2nd to keep them alive. :shoot:

13. Malum Prohibitum

:p

14. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Amen. Preach it brother.

15. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Yeah, what is the point of speaking out against government anyway... DOWN with the FIRST!

16. Guest

Guest Guest

In GA there is no need to have a GFL to carry open in your vehicle on the seat, glove compartment or console. Please do as MP suggested and send him a polite note with the law. Also copy his superior - a plate of cookies or doughnuts go a long way too. LEOs need to be better informed. I am against him taking control of the fire arm - but I don't see any reasonable way to argue it without escalating the situation - not that there was one here - but there could have been with an objection.