Clayton CO. Probate Court

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by Madd Hersh, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Madd Hersh

Madd Hersh New Member

I finally got a chance to get off work early enough to make over to the court to apply for my GFL. I got there around 4:00p Feb. 21 the lady was nice took my name and told me to wait. Waited about 10 min. until I was call and in took about 20 min. in and out. Then I had to go to the sheriff building on Tara 19/41 to get fingerprinted which is on the second floor to the left at the end of the hall then a right through some double doors walk til you might think you'll in a waiting area. The fingerprinted area might be a little pack because a lot of people are in there to put money on peoples books, for a minute it was hard for me to even tell which one was for fingerprinting because nobody is at the window. After I gave her my paperwork it took about 5 min. for her to get back to me. And :righton: YES They are Digital printing and that took about 10 min. in there, so the over all expericense may have taking about 45min. and I am just waiting until my 60 days are up.

2. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Did they demand and/or did you provide your social security number and employment info?

3. Madd Hersh

Madd Hersh New Member

Yes I Did, they ask me for my job number and place of employment, for what reason I dont know why!

4. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Because they like to ignore the law every chance they get.

5. bladeluv

bladeluv New Member

Be sure you have all previous charges accounted for! Any thing from Murder to j walking and god knows what else you could have done? Like pull some girl's hair in the 5th grade?? Be ready to account for it!!!

I was in with 5 other people with things like a missed parking ticket. And the could not get license untill they coud prove it had been paid back 12 years ago! I am very serious about this make sure anything undone is cleared or you will not get your license. And they will not tell you about the tempory license, if you don't know about it you won't get offered it!
    If they ask you to clear up your record, and you ask them where, there answer is "WE DON"T KNOW" THAT IS FOR YOU TO FIGURE OUT OR YOU LAWYER! :evil:

6. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

bladeluv,

Please post more info. There are many others on this site that can and will help, it may only seam like questions and way did you not but help yourself help others.

Also check out GCO, link at the bottom of the page.

7. bladeluv

bladeluv New Member

county renewals

HI:
    I had an open charge like many other people can or do? Just make sure that when you go there you know if your record is clean. If not clean it up so you will get your renewal.
    Bladeluv
    PS everyone knows if there record is good or not.

8. MacPointMan

MacPointMan New Member

Clayton County Concealed Carry Process

Just Purchased a Smith and Wesson M&P 45 (Tactical) while I was home on R&R. Love the weapon but missed out on the 2 free mags. Maybee I can get Smith and wesson to send em to me anyways.

I did not have the chance to apply for my Concealed Carry Permit while I was home. The two times that I went to the Clayton County Justice center there was no one available to help me.

I am in the Military and hold a secret security clearance. I do not think there will be any problem for me being able to be approved for a permit but was wondering what I could expect. How long does it take to complete the process.

I have read that Military menbers in the state of Georgia do ont need to have a concealed carry permit. I have read the sections of the law several times but am receiveing conflicting reports from many people. Is this an issue of Interpretation or just people LEO's not fully understanding the law?

any info that is availale would be a great help.

I do plan to open carry as much as possable when I return from Iraq and while I wait for my CCP. I don't necessarily want EVERYONE to know if I am carrying my weapon or not. Sometimes a little discretion is needed in certain situations and places.

Thanks

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

You can go to the Gun Laws page of this site for more details. There are several other resources you should check out on this site. Welcome, by the way. Enjoy your stay. :welcome:

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

First and foremost, welcome to GPDO MacPointMan.

Second, to address your question, I believe it is a problem of law enforcement not reading the law. It reads very clear to me that there exists an exemption for armed forces personnel.

OCGA 16-11-130 coupled with u97-13 should provide any officer with a clear and unmistakable understanding of the law.

11. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Re: Clayton County Concealed Carry Process

Welcome to the board!

As active military you do not need a Georgia Firearms Licence as has been stated previously.

However, as a Civilian you must have a GFL to carry OPENLY OR CONCEALED, off your residential property, outside of your business or, in your vehicle (glovebox or center console or completely open for all to see from any viewpoint.) A GFL is not a concealed carry permit.

12. MacPointMan

MacPointMan New Member

GFL vs Concealed Carry Permit

OK my understanding is that a GFL is a Georgia Firearms Lisence and you need it to carry Period Concealed and Open. So the GFL serves as both. Or am I wrong. Thats the question. In the other thread in the newbies section I understand it that way.

SGT Mac

13. Wiley

Wiley New Member

You are not wrong. As a Civilian you must have a GFL to carry in any manner, other than provided for by law.

14. maggie

maggie New Member

Sgt Mac

Thank you for what you do for US !

15. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Re: Sgt Mac

+1,000

:righton:

16. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

As stated, military members can carry without a GFL, doesn't matter if they are on leave in GA or stationed on a base in GA.

If you carry without a GFL, you must carry your military ID and show that if anyone ever asks.

17. bladeluv

bladeluv New Member

Purchased a Smith and Wesson M&P 45 (Tactical) ??

MAC POINTMAN,
    Forget the Darn S&W Go for a SIG SAUER, Military you should know this!!
    Better yet forget the SIG, Bring home a nice M-60 Or a SAW 249!!!
    Thanks for all that you nice people do for us at home! And May GOD BLESS YOU!
    Bladeluv