Clayton Co. homeowner shoots curious cop

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by gunsmoker, Oct 14, 2020.

1. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-o...in-clayton-county/I7HHFDXNCNAABBKGHRF7LCZURU/

A 49-year-old woman from Clayton County Georgia shot a police officer who stood outside her home and shined a flashlight up onto her front porch at night, while looking for a suspect in a shooting that occurred in that same area earlier. The armed resident was not at all involved in the earlier shooting & it did not occur at her residence or around her residence.
    She has been arrested and charged with two counts of reckless endangerment. Obviously the authorities believe that she had some legitimate motivation that prompted her to fire her gun this way,
    otherwise she would be charged with "aggravated assault."

DB85575D-5421-4CEF-B045-E0C42CBFBEB7.jpeg

Cooper's Rule #4 says
    "Know your target, and what lies beyond it."

2. Smilodon

Smilodon Active Member

I almost found myself in a similar position about 12 years ago. Luckily in my case I saw the blue lights in my back yard and put down my pistol and called 911. The police were pursuing a meth head when he ran off the road and flipped in my yard. Then fled on foot.

3. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

If she hadn't shot but instead just approached with a gun in hand to investigate, then she'd probably be on her way to pushing up daisies.

Aloha8, Bkite and Smilodon like this.
  4. Smilodon

Smilodon Active Member

Unfortunately that seems probable.

5. Mike J

Mike J Member

It is somewhat messed up but I believe one would be better served to arm up stay inside & call 911. I don't believe anything good is going to come of going outside.

6. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Wait for them to cross that threshold. Then you as King have a chance. Them being whatever.

Mike J likes this.