Clarke County/Athens

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by jccls, Feb 21, 2007.

1. jccls

jccls New Member

Here was my experience.

I applied on 10/17/06 and got it on 2/5/07. Nearly 4 months.

I paid 69 bucks--36 to sheriff, 33 to probate.

Probate Lady was nice. Sheriff Lady was unpleasant.

I went in after 3 months to say, "Where's my permit," but they claimed that had no way of checking its status.

When I got it in the mail it was all bent up and creased. I bet it was Sheriff Lady.

If you'd like to know more details, feel free to ask.

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

$69?! :shock:
    The absolute max by law the license can cost is $47. They are stealing from you.

Yes they can check the progress, in fact you can check the progress.

Sheriff lady doesn't get to touch the GFL once it is laminated, so it was more than likely the postal lady.

3. jccls

jccls New Member

:evil: Evil Bastards!

I couldn't stop complaining that day, either. My mom must have heard me say, "So I guess I have to rent my 2nd amendment rights?" and "No wonder homicide victims are usually poor! They can't afford the right to bear arms!" at least 100 times in 2 hours.

It sounds like they've changed their billing policy since I went, though:

http://www.georgiapacking.org/gfl2.php?id=28&submit=Go

I was there in October, and the update is from December, so that's much better. Still four dollars over the legal limit, though!

4. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

i went today and they said it would be 120 days. everyone was really nice though. took me 40 minutes start to finish.

5. bbruce

bbruce New Member

I applied for my GFL on Jan. 28th of this year in Clarke County. I called the probate court yesterday to inquire on the status and was told it was mailed out March 30th. So, since I am at work until 2300 (and had to know if it came in the mail), my fiancé checked my mail for me. I was expecting to wait another few months, but it was actually in the mail! :D Very impressed - considering the probate court stated it is taking at least 3 to 4 months to process. :shock:

So hopefully glockgirl you will not be waiting to long.

6. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

i hope so too.

if any of you ACC folks want to go shoot give me a yell. I usually go to the firing lane