Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recently enacted SB396 sez:
16-3-24.2.
A person who uses threats or force in accordance with Code Section 16-3-21, 16-3-23, 16-3-23.1, or 16-3-24 shall be immune from criminal prosecution therefor unless in the use of deadly force, such person utilizes a weapon the carrying or possession of which is unlawful by such person under Part 2 or 3 of Article 4 of Chapter 11 of this title.
What piece of code is this? I'm confused by their language (surprise, surprise).

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
In other words, you can still be prosecuted (i.e., no immunity from prosecution) if you were breaking sections 120 through 134 at the time, such as, say if you defended a 12 year old girl who was about to be gang raped during an armed robbery at Applebees (since that is a public gathering under section 127).
That's where I was going with this.

So a "good shoot" could still occur at a "public gathering." Of course, I don't want to be the test case of someone who gets no-billed for murder but then charged with the misdemeanor of carrying at the "public gathering."

Well...

I'd rather be fighting a misdemeanor than watching my wife get assaulted in the parking lot of the steak house...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts