City of Marietta 4th of July Celebration

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Schweisshund, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

With the proximity of the courthouse to the square, am I good to go if we sit on the upper deck of the courthouse parking lot?

Not to sound paranoid, but with the latest round of terrorist attacks, I want to carry everywhere I go this weekend.

2. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

Sure, why not? You are in a parking deck or parking lot of the courthouse, and that is good to go, if you have a GWCL. The off limits area is IN the courthouse, by the statute, 16-11-127.

3. Schweisshund

4. Schweisshund

I didn't have any problems.

I got .. I guess you could say ... "extremely leery" when I saw a person wearing a jacket, blue jeans, boots and carrying a backpack. It was HOT outside. But, a Marietta Police Officer was obviously watching the guy. There were also bomb sniffing k-9's ... very subtle, but security was awesome.

I had a great time - my baby boy was fascinated with his first fireworks show.

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I have a cousin who feels cold if it's less than 85 indoors or 95 outdoors.
    Seriously, he's been wearing sweaters, long sleeve flannel shirts, or jogging suit jackets /windbreakers all summer. Here in Georgia, in June and July.

6. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I was at the Marietta parade, along Roswell Rd.
    I felt like carrying a big pistol openly, but chose to pack a small handgun fully concealed.
    Not all members of the group I was with were pro-gun.

7. Schweisshund

The guy that I saw just looked like he was sweating buckets. He was definitely dressed odd.