Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though Kennesaw and Johns Creek have said they will change their parks ordinances we must keep the pressure on.

Those of you who live in or arround the above mentioned cities MUST make every effort to attend the council meetings for the three times the repeal appears on their adgendas.

Johns Creek: The next meeting August 27. The repeal, per the city attorny's letter will be 'read' three times. Possible first read on 8-27, the Sept. 10, and final vote on Sept. 24.

*** Kennesaw passed the revised ordinance on 8-20. Attendance is no longer requested. See my post Pg.2, 8-28, 3:07PM ***
Kennesaw: The next meeting is the Tuesday September 4 at 6:30PM. The Kennesaw repeal has had been 'read' once, 8-20, two more to go 9-4, with final passage on 9-17.
Those who have said they will attend the next coundil meeting are: Larz, me, Mike from Philly.
***

Make the effort. Support jrm's work. You've seen what Kennesaw is saying. Don't let YOUR citiy skirt the law.

Maps to Johns Creek City Hall


and Kennesaw City Hall


Edited to correct Kennesaw date. Edited to 'remove' Kennesaw
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
Didn't realize that was a holiday either....I'll try to keep an eye on it was well.....better....I'l call and confirm....should have my GCO gear by next week. :D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
69,784 Posts
Wiley, please call the Kennesaw city administrator and inform us whether they actually are meeting on Labor Day (Communist Day).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Per the Kennesaw City Clerk's office: The next City Council Meeting will be held Tuesday September 4 at 6:30PM.

Any time the normal scedule falls on a holiday the meeting will be held the next day.

Change made to the original post
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,139 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Labor Day (Communist Day).
I love it. Somebody else that knows about this grand holiday. I will now refrain from posting my thoughts on this matter, as they are not considered politically correct. We certainly don't want to agitate the union bosses.

Aside: The French love to strike. The last time I was there, several years ago, the national pooper scoopers union was on strike. Seriously. Everybody in France lets their dog crap on the street and government union employees come by and scoop it up. Consequently, I spent the whole vacation dodging poop all over the sidewalks and streets. Nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
917 Posts
Re: City council meetings.

Wiley said:
***** Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but an ordinance (new or repeal) must be presented three times to be enacted. *****
In Georgia, the manner in which municipal ordinances are enacted is specific to the municipality, generally set forth in their respective charters/constitutions. Some areas require multiple readings, some do not. Even if multiple readings are required, all the council would have to do is call special called meetings every three or so days to get the requisite number of readings accomplished before ratifying the proposed ordinance/code. So the answer is to check with the municipal Clerk or managing administrator of the government in question and ask them directly for the procedure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,215 Posts
larz said:
Didn't realize that was a holiday either....I'll try to keep an eye on it was well.....better....I'l call and confirm....should have my GCO gear by next week. :D
Your GCO Gear shipped today so depending on what method of shipping you chose it could be there Monday or Tuesday...

Thanks for your order and support!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
USMC, does GCO make money on the shipping or no? If not, I say just choose the cheapest shipping. I got mine in just a few days that way. Ordered on a Thursday (I think) and got the following Monday or Tuesday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,215 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
USMC, does GCO make money on the shipping or no? If not, I say just choose the cheapest shipping. I got mine in just a few days that way. Ordered on a Thursday (I think) and got the following Monday or Tuesday.
GCO only makes a small profit on the item itself. We make nothing on shipping. I'm like you. Unless I need it real fast I'm taking the cheapest shipping I can get.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
USMC - Retired said:
ptsmith24 said:
USMC, does GCO make money on the shipping or no? If not, I say just choose the cheapest shipping. I got mine in just a few days that way. Ordered on a Thursday (I think) and got the following Monday or Tuesday.
GCO only makes a small profit on the item itself. We make nothing on shipping. I'm like you. Unless I need it real fast I'm taking the cheapest shipping I can get.
Gotcha. I've been sporting the GCO button on my bookbag and the bumper sticker on my back window for a few days now. No comments, yet :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
USMC - Retired said:
How does the button look?
Mine looks great. I haven't worn it yet but I got comments on the Guns Save Lives button last night. I wore it and my GCO name tag and shirt to the wild game dinner at the church last night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,127 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
USMC - Retired said:
How does the button look?
It looks great! It's gonna look even better with an orange button next to it. 8)
You still didn't get it? :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
ptsmith24 said:
USMC - Retired said:
How does the button look?
It looks great! It's gonna look even better with an orange button next to it. 8)
You still didn't get it? :cry:
No. It's weird because most mail in the state takes two days tops in my experiences. I'm about to go check the mail now..maybe it's here today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
Bulldawg182 said:
ptsmith24 said:
USMC - Retired said:
How does the button look?
It looks great! It's gonna look even better with an orange button next to it. 8)
You still didn't get it? :cry:
No. It's weird because most mail in the state takes two days tops in my experiences. I'm about to go check the mail now..maybe it's here today.
It's here :) Thanks, Bulldawg!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
69,784 Posts
Wiley said:
Per the Kennesaw City Clerk's office: The next City Council Meeting will be held Tuesday September 4 at 6:30PM.

Any time the normal scedule falls on a holiday the meeting will be held the next day.

Change made to the original post
Know about:

Agenda?

Public Comments?
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top