City council meetings. UPDATE Kennesaw.

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by Wiley, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Even though Kennesaw and Johns Creek have said they will change their parks ordinances we must keep the pressure on.

Those of you who live in or arround the above mentioned cities MUST make every effort to attend the council meetings for the three times the repeal appears on their adgendas.

Johns Creek: The next meeting August 27. The repeal, per the city attorny's letter will be 'read' three times. Possible first read on 8-27, the Sept. 10, and final vote on Sept. 24.

*** Kennesaw passed the revised ordinance on 8-20. Attendance is no longer requested. See my post Pg.2, 8-28, 3:07PM ***
    Kennesaw: The next meeting is the Tuesday September 4 at 6:30PM. The Kennesaw repeal has had been 'read' once, 8-20, two more to go 9-4, with final passage on 9-17.
    Those who have said they will attend the next coundil meeting are: Larz, me, Mike from Philly.

Make the effort. Support jrm's work. You've seen what Kennesaw is saying. Don't let YOUR citiy skirt the law.

Maps to Johns Creek City Hall
    [​IMG]

and Kennesaw City Hall
    [​IMG]

Edited to correct Kennesaw date. Edited to 'remove' Kennesaw

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I can probably make Kennesaw. Make sure to keep up updated about the meeting date.

3. larz

larz Member

Didn't realize that was a holiday either....I'll try to keep an eye on it was well.....better....I'l call and confirm....should have my GCO gear by next week. :D

4. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

I'll make a point of going to Johns Creek's meeting.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Wiley, please call the Kennesaw city administrator and inform us whether they actually are meeting on Labor Day (Communist Day).

6. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Per the Kennesaw City Clerk's office: The next City Council Meeting will be held Tuesday September 4 at 6:30PM.

Any time the normal scedule falls on a holiday the meeting will be held the next day.

Change made to the original post

7. kkennett

kkennett New Member

I love it. Somebody else that knows about this grand holiday. I will now refrain from posting my thoughts on this matter, as they are not considered politically correct. We certainly don't want to agitate the union bosses.

Aside: The French love to strike. The last time I was there, several years ago, the national pooper scoopers union was on strike. Seriously. Everybody in France lets their dog crap on the street and government union employees come by and scoop it up. Consequently, I spent the whole vacation dodging poop all over the sidewalks and streets. Nice.

8. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

Re: City council meetings.

In Georgia, the manner in which municipal ordinances are enacted is specific to the municipality, generally set forth in their respective charters/constitutions. Some areas require multiple readings, some do not. Even if multiple readings are required, all the council would have to do is call special called meetings every three or so days to get the requisite number of readings accomplished before ratifying the proposed ordinance/code. So the answer is to check with the municipal Clerk or managing administrator of the government in question and ask them directly for the procedure.

9. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Your GCO Gear shipped today so depending on what method of shipping you chose it could be there Monday or Tuesday...

Thanks for your order and support!

10. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Thanks, Boy Racer. That's had me confused for some time. (not hard in my case)

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

USMC, does GCO make money on the shipping or no? If not, I say just choose the cheapest shipping. I got mine in just a few days that way. Ordered on a Thursday (I think) and got the following Monday or Tuesday.

12. USMC - Retired

GCO only makes a small profit on the item itself. We make nothing on shipping. I'm like you. Unless I need it real fast I'm taking the cheapest shipping I can get.

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Gotcha. I've been sporting the GCO button on my bookbag and the bumper sticker on my back window for a few days now. No comments, yet :(

14. USMC - Retired

How does the button look?

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

It looks great! It's gonna look even better with an orange button next to it. 8)

16. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Mine looks great. I haven't worn it yet but I got comments on the Guns Save Lives button last night. I wore it and my GCO name tag and shirt to the wild game dinner at the church last night.

17. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

You still didn't get it? :cry:

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

No. It's weird because most mail in the state takes two days tops in my experiences. I'm about to go check the mail now..maybe it's here today.

19. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

It's here :) Thanks, Bulldawg!

20. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Know about:

Agenda?

Public Comments?